Southwestern BLT Egg Salad. Great recipe for Southwestern BLT Egg Salad. This southwestern BLT egg salad is a great addition to any grilled meats, great for picnis or Barbeque or it can be a meal for a hot sumer day! Two classics, egg salad and BLT, merge into one delicious, easy-to-make sandwich that both kids and grown-ups can enjoy for lunch.
Place eggs in a large pot and cover with an inch of water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cover, and remove from heat. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking. You can cook Southwestern BLT Egg Salad using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Southwestern BLT Egg Salad
- You need of For Salad.
- You need of large Boston lettuce leaves.
- You need of chopped blend of iceburg and romaine lettece, purple cabbage and carrots.
- You need of cucumber, sliced.
- Prepare of radish, sliced.
- Prepare of red onion, sliced.
- It’s of tomatoes, cut in wedges.
- You need of crispy cooked bacon.
- Prepare of hard boiled eggs, cut in halve, sprinkled with southwestern seasoning.
- Prepare of finely shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- It’s of crushed blue and white tortilla chips.
- You need of For Dressing.
- You need of recipe my spicy Ranch Dip/z Dressing with 1 tablespoon southwestern seasoning blended in. My dressing can be found in my profile and in search.
- You need of lime, wedged for adding as desired.
This BLT Egg Salad combines two classics in one delicious dish that's sure to become a new favorite! This egg salad rehas all the creamy deliciousness you expect from egg salad, plus the bold flavors of bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Perfect for weekday lunches and summer picnics, and a great way to use up leftover Easter eggs. In a medium pot, add cold water and eggs.
Southwestern BLT Egg Salad step by step
- Lay Boston lettece on serving plate. Put chopped salad in the center.
- Add cucumbers and radishes around edges.
- Add tomatos and red onion.
- Add eggs.
- Add cheese and tortillas.
- Finally add bacon and lime wedges.
- Drizzle a small amount of dressing over and pass more to add to each serving as needed, adding a bit of fresh lime.
Bring to a boil, Cover and remove from heat. Peel and coarsely chop the eggs. Place the eggs in a medium bowl. Add the jalapeño, green onion,cilantro,mustard,cumin,chili powder,onion. For these Egg Salad BLTs, layer crunchy bacon, creamy egg salad, fresh tomatoes, and lettuce.