Beef Pho. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Investment in Amazon Could Create You A Second Salary Every Month. Once charred, add to the beef stock. Put the beef shin, bones, onion and ginger in a large roasting.
While you are waiting for the water to come to the. Preheat the grill to the medium-high setting. Place a frying pan over a high heat. You can cook Beef Pho using 20 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Pho
- You need of Noodles.
- You need 1 of lime.
- It’s of bean sprouts.
- You need of red chili.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion (cut into paper thin).
- It’s of beef slices (paper thin).
- Prepare 1 of spring onion (chopped).
- It’s leaves of mint.
- Prepare of Coriander.
- Prepare of Beef Broth.
- You need of beef knuckles /oxtails.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- You need 8 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 stalk of spring onion.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (chopped into big pieces).
- It’s 2 inches of ginger (roughly sliced).
- It’s 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
When hot, add the star anise, cloves and coriander seeds and toast until aromatic. Transfer to a plate and set. Beef pho is our national dish and so synonymous with Vietnamese cuisine that the quality of your broth goes a long way to defining you as a chef! Like many Vietnamese classics, the flavours will vary greatly depending on where in the country you are from.
Beef Pho step by step
- In a big pot, add the beef knuckles and water, bring to boil and leave it for 3 mins. Remove the grease stuffs from the soup..
- Take the beef out and place it in another pot, add clean water..
- Put cinnamon, star anise and cloves into a sachet and put it into the pot..
- Add ginger, onion, spring onions to the pot, leave it on medium heat and cook for 30 mins..
- Remove the sachet from the pot..
- Add noodles into the pot. Once cooked then remove it from the pot..
- Place the noodles into the bowl, add beef slices, when you pour the soup over the beef, it will cook through..
- Add bean sprouts, spring onion, and pour the soup over them..
- Serve with mint leave, thin onions coriander and red chillies for garnishing..
Place a mound of bean sprouts on top of the noodles in each bowl. Thinly slice the steak and add to the bowls with any juices from the board. Season the broth with the fish sauce and juice of half a lime (or more, to taste). Strain the hot broth over the beef and noodles. Thinly slice the reserved spring onions and add some to the bowls with the chillies and coriander.