Chicken and Nagaimo Stew. How to Make Chicken Stew (African Style) Season chicken with, salt, pepper, and Creole seasoning. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat, until hot, and then add the chicken and sauté stirring, frequently, any browned bits off the bottom of the pot, until chicken is brown. Like a thick, hearty soup, this stew is packed with tender chicken and an eye-catching combination of vegetables.
Stir the mixture and bring to a boil. A chicken stew based on the traditional Italian stew but changed to accommodate low-carb, primal, or diabetic-friendly diets. Squash & Chicken Stew We created a satisfying stew that's nutritious, loaded with flavor and family-friendly. You can cook Chicken and Nagaimo Stew using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Nagaimo Stew
- It’s 2 lbs of – Boneless Chicken Thighs.
- Prepare 1 piece of – Nagaimo.
- Prepare 1 inch of – Ginger Chopped.
- Prepare 6 cloves of – Garlic Chopped.
- You need 3/4 cups of – Regular Olive Oil.
- Prepare 2 pcs of – Dried Whole Red Pepper Breaked to Pieces.
- It’s 1 pc of – Star Aniseed.
- You need 10 pcs of – Sichuan Peppercorns.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of – Cooking Wine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of – Light Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of – Dark Soy Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of – Broad Bean Chili Oil Sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of – Salt.
- It’s of Green Onions or Cilantro for Topping.
Add the celery, carrot, and onion. In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock. Add bay leaf and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grated nagaimo is called Tororo (とろろ) and it's very gooey and slimy.
Chicken and Nagaimo Stew step by step
- Cut chicken thighs to small pieces. Peel off the skin of nagaimo..
- Cut nagaimo to small cubes. Nagaimo is gluey which is kind of like okra..
- Chop ginger and garlic to fine pieces..
- Heat the oil in a wok at high heat. Add Sichuan peppercorns, red pepper and star aniseed. When the oil starts to bubble around the dry spices, add ginger and garlic..
- When the garlic aroma comes out and before garlic turns brown, add chicken. Stir fry till it turns white, add cooing wine..
- Keep stirring the chicken now and then till the water from chicken evaporates. Then the meat gets camerelized color and sticky to the wok. It might take 20 minutes cooking to get this point..
- Turn to medium heat to prevent burning. Add light soy sauce, dark soy sauce and broad bean chili oil sauce. Stir evenly..
- Add water to the level that barely cover the chicken. High heat till it is boiling, add nagaimo..
- Add salt. Simmer for 20 minutes or till the dish gets "starchy". Stir now and then to prevent burning. Serve with some cliantros or green onions. Enjoy!.
- Tips: For gluten free option, replace the dark soy sauce and light soy sauce with the same amount of Tamari gluten free soy sauce. It takes a while at step 6, but it helps to get the best texture of chicken thighs..
We pour Tororo over the rice and enjoy it with soy sauce and a raw egg. This dish is called Tororo Gohan. We also serve Tororo on soba noodles to make Tororo Soba. I usually use grated nagaimo to make Okonomiyaki. batter. Grated nagaimo has lots of air in it and when.