Mashed Potato Bread & Rolls. Depending on how much moisture is in your mashed potatoes you might need a bit more or a bit less flour. In the bowl of a stand mixer add the boiling water, butter, sugar and salt, stir together until butter has melted. Add the mashed potato and stir wth a fork until it has all broken up.
Use the paddle attachment to mix the ingredients just until combined. Place the flour and potato mash onto your work surface. Using your hand (s) start bringing the ingredients together until you form sticky dough. You can have Mashed Potato Bread & Rolls using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mashed Potato Bread & Rolls
- Prepare 1 cup of mashed potatoes.
- Prepare 1 cup of fat free milk – I used 2% milk.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of bread flour – divided.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1 of cooking spray.
Form each piece into round shape. Add the mashed potatoes and rub them into the flour with your fingertips until well blended. Add the yeast to the mixture and stir it in well. Heat a lightly greased flat griddle or heavy based frying pan over medium-high heat.
Mashed Potato Bread & Rolls instructions
- Combine first 4 ings. In a medium microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 2 minutes until mixture is smooth and 110º. Stir well until smooth. ( I put mine on top of the stove )..
- Measure out flour ( level off) .Combine 1&1/2 cups flour , yeast, salt in a large bowl. Add potato mixture. Stir well to combine. Add eggs . Stir again. ( I used my Kitchen- aid mixer)..
- Add 2 cups of flour to potato mixture. Stir until soft dough forns. Turn dough onto floured surface. Knead until smooth ( about 10 minutes. Add remaining 1/2 cup flour. 1 Tbsp. At a time to prevent sticking. Place dough in a large bowl coated with olive oil. Turning to coat. Cover and let rise. About 1 hour. Mine took a little longer . until doubled.punch dough down. Cover and let rest 5 minutes..
- Divide dough in half. Working with one portion at a time. Roll one portion 14×7" retangle on floured surface. Roll up tightly starting with short end. Pinch seams together to seal place loaf in a 8×4" loaf pan coated with cooking spray..
- Shape remaining dough into 9 portions . ( I made 12). Shape each into a ball. Place balls into an 8" square baking pan sprayed.Coat top of loaf with cooking spray. ( I used oil). Cover and let rise. About 30 minutes or until doubled. ( Gently press fingers in the dough if an indentation remains dough is ready)..
- Preheat oven to 350º. Bske 30 minutes or until tops of rolls are brown and bread sounds hallow when tapped on bottom. Remove from pans. Cool..
Mash potatoes with flour, butter and salt until a stiff dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Put the flours, salt, mashed potato and sourdough starter in a large bowl. Stir in the potato cooking water to make a wet dough, mixing very well to ensure everything is combined. The day of baking Gather the ingredients.