Weenie Green Bean Casserole. We Have Almost Everything on eBay. This was the only way my parents could get me to eat green beans as a child. It is like nothing I have ever tasted very good for winters and at a conservative budget.
Fold in beef franks that have been cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise in half (I prefer crosswise in peices). Let simmer on low boil stirring occasionly until desired. Cover the dish and place in the oven. You can have Weenie Green Bean Casserole using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Weenie Green Bean Casserole
- It’s 1 lb of Beef franks.
- You need 2 tbsp of Butter or margarine.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Finely chopped onion.
- It’s 9 oz of Frzn Italian or French cut green beans.
- You need 10 3/4 can of Cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 cup of Milk.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 9 oz of Pkg refrigerator biscuits.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
Make this easy green bean and mushroom casserole as a veggie side to accompany a main course. You could add cheese to the white sauce if you fancy. Fresh mushrooms, onion, and herbs with frozen green beans, sour cream, and cheddar cheese make this a delightfully tasty twist on the traditional casserole. I developed this recipe, longing for a 'no cans' version of the classic dish.
Weenie Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sauteè onions in butter until translucent..
- Add frozen green beans, stir in soup, milk, seasoning (I like to add pepper& garlic powder) heat thoroughly..
- Fold in beef franks that have been cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise in half (I prefer crosswise in peices). Let simmer on low boil stirring occasionly until desired consistency (about 10 minutes).
- Seperate biscuits, cut into quarters and arrange in a border around the skillet (or pour mixture into 9×13 pyrex) point side up..
- Bake @ 375°F until biscuits are golden brown (about 10-15 minutes)..
- Sprinkle cheese over biscuits and serve as soon as cheese has melted..
I made this one year for my husband's family at Christmas time, and now they ask for it every year! If using fresh or frozen green beans, boil just until tender crisp. A casserole is an easy-to-prep, classic American comfort food. Serve one of the best variations on green bean casserole at your next holiday. Run one loop of the pump track.