Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken. Cut the chicken legs off the thighs and cut the. While chicken broils, prepare rice mixture. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
Sweet from the molasses and spicy from the habanero. This recipe is a great make ahead meal. Put allspice, thyme, garlic, chiles, scallions, peppercorns, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, soy sauce and lime juice in a blender or food processor and grind to a rough paste. You can cook Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken
- Prepare 12 of chicken thighs.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- It’s 2 of habaneros/scotch bonnets (seeds removed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of veg oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of jerk spice.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger.
- You need 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of gochujang (optional).
Baked Jerk Chicken with Jerk Gravy; Jerk Gravy; Jump to Recipe. Jerk chicken is known for its pungent marinade and one of the key ingredient to the amazingly delicious flavor is pimento better known as allspice. Additionally, the chicken (or pork, beef, etc) is grilled on top of a bed of pimento wood, making it authentic. Pour marinade over chickens and turn until thoroughly coated.
Spicy Baked Jerk Chicken instructions
- Blend all marinade ingredients until smooth..
- Marinate chicken overnight..
- Bake covered at 350 then bake for another half hour uncovered. Broil for the last 5 minutes for crispy skin..
Divide chicken and marinade between two gallon-sized zipper-lock bags, or place in a large baking dish and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place whole allspice berries and bay leaves in a gallon-sized zipper-lock bag and fill with water. Jerk chicken is a traditional Jamaican dish that has flavor combinations to die for. One bite of this succulent dish gives you a perfect combo of sweet, spicy, and smoky flavors. It's perfect for backyard BBQ's, picnics, or dinner – any day of the week!