Low-fat vegan banana bread. To sweeten it up a bit, add a sprinkle of sugar to the top of the banana bread before baking, for an extra sweet treat. Mix the bananas, plant milk, syrup, vinegar, and maple extract in a large bowl. Combine the flour, ground flax, baking soda, salt and spice in a separate bowl, and then add them to the wet ingredients and stir or fold until they are well mixed together.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just until incorporated. Prepare a loaf pan by lightly oiling or spraying the bottom and sides. In a large bowl mash bananas with sugar and vanilla until combined and creamy. You can cook Low-fat vegan banana bread using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low-fat vegan banana bread
- You need of whole meal flour.
- You need of over-ripe bananas (mashed).
- It’s of caster sugar.
- It’s of chopped walnuts.
- It’s of baking powder.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- You need of almond milk (if required).
- It’s of olive oil (though I sometimes go in with 1/4 cup oil if the bananas are so ripe that the skin is black 😬).
This vegan banana bread recipe puts a spin on traditional banana bread, leaving out dairy and eggs and adding in a few healthy ingredient swaps. What's more, this vegan banana bread is filled with fiber and naturally sweetened. What it lacks in eggs and dairy it makes up for in undeniable deliciousness. I spy a lone, random, overripe banana on your counter… which is perfect for this healthy pan-fried bread recipe!
Low-fat vegan banana bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350 F.
- Mix the dry ingredients on a large mixing bowl. Now add the vanilla extract, and gently fold in the mashed bananas and olive oil to make into a smooth batter..
- Line a baking tin with grease-proof paper. Pour the batter in the tin and bake for 40 minutes. [As ovens tend to vary, do the toothpick test in the centre of the loaf. If the toothpick comes out clean means the loaf should be ready). Once cooled to room temperature, enjoy the goodness of your freshly baked banana bread. Store in an airtight container. It keeps for roughly a week in the refrigerator and about 3 days at room temperature..
Beat in the eggs, water and bananas with the sugar mixture until well blended In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add the diced apple, sugar, flour, applesauce, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl, and mix well. Pour into greased pan, and sprinkle. Made this banana bread last night, using whole grain spelt, and it came out incredible! Seriously, this is probably the best and most fool-proof banana bread I've made and one of the best I've eaten.