Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers. I love these so much I could do a little dance everytime I eat one, lol!! Ideas to spice up our regular frozen turkey burgers? – Reddit. Ideas to spice up our regular frozen turkey burgers?
Carefully place frozen burger into pan. If you were unable to plan ahead and need to thaw your burgers in a hurry, place frozen turkey patties in a sealable plastic bag and place under cold running water until the patties are thawed. If you are using a charcoal grill, preheat until your coals burn a bright orange and you can comfortably hold your hand above the grate for around six to seven seconds. You can cook Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers
- Prepare of Burger base.
- You need 2 lb of ground turkey.
- You need 2/3 cup of seasoned bread crumbs (Italian style) more or less as preferred.
- It’s 1 of beaten egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried Italian seasoning blend.
- You need 1 of fresh ground pepper and sea salt (to taste).
- It’s of "Additives".
- Prepare 1 of sweet bell peppers (mix red, orange, yellow…about a 1/4 of each).
- It’s 1 of green onion (spring onion/ scallions).
- It’s 1/2 small of red onion (or any type).
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of scotch bonnet or " seasoning peppers" or other hot pepper seeds removed (optional).
- Prepare of Fixings/toppers/condiments.
- Prepare 1 of burger bun of your preference (I like onion).
- You need 1 of salad cream or hummus spread.
- Prepare 1 slice of of nice quality cheese (sharp or aged cheddar).
- Prepare 1 of alfalfa sprouts, and thinly sliced: seedless cucumbers, red onion, grape tomatoes, avocado, red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, mushrooms..
Mix the turkey, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Place on a wax or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Serve in rolls with Tangy tomato chutney (see 'goes well with') and cucumber slices. Put the turkey meat, onion, carrot, sweetcorn and herbs into a large bowl.
Homemade Frozen Turkey Burgers instructions
- MAKE THE PATTIES….
- Layer 2 cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper. Set aside..
- Mince veggies in the "Additives" section very finely (use a mini chopper or food processor if available) Total yield should be about 3/4 cup..
- Combine all burger mix ingredients with minced veggies in a large bowl. Mix well..
- Lay mixture on a smooth cutting board in a square or rectangle, divide into even sections depending on the size of your patties. (8-10).
- Roll each divided section into a ball then flatten into a burger shaped pattie..
- Coat patties lightly in flour (optional step), place on wax paper not touching. Freeze..
- Once fully frozen (overnight), cut the paper so each pattie has its own square. Store in a plastic freezer bag or other airtight container in the freezer..
- READY TO COOK?!!.
- When ready to cook, take burger(s) out of freezer, set aside. Prepare bun and fixins..
- Heat nonstick skillet on medium with a tiny bit of oil. Carefully place frozen burger into pan. Sear for 1-2 min each side, reduce heat to med-low. Cook another 6-7 minutes each side, gently press pattie occasionally to flatten and expel excess liquid..
- Remove pattie to a plate and allow to cool for a minute, then pop onto the waiting bun with fixins. Press gently to squish to a manageable size that will fit your chompers, then let the challenge begin! It's a practiced art form to eat a tall burger, and be ready for fallout if you used alot of fixins!!.
- Note: Can be cooked from frozen on a grillpress like a George Foreman (about 10 to 12 mins depending on grill, follow manufacturer cooking recommendations. Flip once 90° turn after 5 min for grid marks). And for you low carbers, serve bunless atop a bed of mixed baby greens and choice of toppers..
Season with some pepper and mix together – you can do this with your hands if you like. Try a spiced patty with a range of relishes and sides. These easy, healthy turkey burgers are perfect for feeding the whole family, kids included. The one thing however is frozen turkey or chicken patties are not enjoyable to eat. They usually are dry and don't have much flavor.