Jewish Apple Cake. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Suspected to have originated in Poland, this delicious cake was well known in the tri-state area of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. The Cake is made with vegetable oil, unlike many American cakes, which are usually made with butter. Then in a separate bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, and sugar. You can cook Jewish Apple Cake using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jewish Apple Cake
- It’s 4 of apples peeled and grated.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- It’s of sugar 2 cups.
- It’s 4 tsps of baking powder.
- It’s 4 tsps of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of oil.
Layer the batter and apples in a greased tube pan. **pour some batter–then layer it with apples–then switch back and forth until it is all used up**. The name Jewish apple cake likely came about because this cake is dairy free, and thus can still be consumed with meals containing meat (in accordance with kashrut). Probably adding to the naming confusion, apples are consumed at Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year. Jewish Apple Cake This moist cake, with two layers of cinnamon-seasoned apples, makes a yummy snack or breakfast treat. "My family loves Jewish Apple Cakes, so this low-fat version became an instant favorite," says Kylene Konosky of Jermyn, Pennsylvania.
Jewish Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Oil and flour your cake pan and set aside. I would have used a bundt pan but I recently got rid of it and never actually replaced it, so a regular round cake pan was used instead..
- Peel and grate 4 apples and place in a bowl..
- Take another large bowl and beat the 4 eggs. Add the sugar, oil and vanilla and continue to whisk away until it is well creamed..
- The rest of the dry ingredients go in next: flour, baking power, cinnamon and salt. Mix well until combined.
- Slowly add in the grated apples and fold in to the batter until it is well blended..
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake until the cake is fully cooked through (a tooth pick should come out clean when poked into the cake). Took me about 45-50mins.
- Let the cake cool completely before flipping it out of the cake pan..
- For the finishing touch, dust it off with some icing sugar and serve!.
Jewish Apple Cake is traditionally served during Rosh Hashanah to ensure a sweet New Year, but who wants to wait until fall to enjoy this delectable treat? Time to make your own Jew-licious Apple Cake. This cake borders on a breakfast bread, so I thought I would propel it straight to dessert-ville by adding a sugary icing. First, mix up your dry ingredients. HOW TO MAKE JEWISH APPLE CAKE?