Chicken and Gnocchi Soup. Stir in cubed chicken and chicken broth; bring to a simmer. Stir chicken and spinach into broth mixture; remove from heat and season soup with salt and black. In the same pan, saute the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in remaining butter until tender.
Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup is one of the most popular Olive Garden soup recipes. It is a rich soup that can be made into a meal. This warm bowl of goodness features roasted chicken, potato gnocchi, carrots, celery, and spinach. You can cook Chicken and Gnocchi Soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
- It’s of half and half (you can use heavy cream or whipping cream).
- Prepare of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare of butter or any type of oil (I'm using vegetable oil spread).
- Prepare of carrot, shredded.
- You need of onion, diced.
- You need of chicken breast, cubed into bite-sized pieces.
- It’s of of baby spinach.
- You need of palm-full of dried Italian herbs.
- Prepare of salt and pepper (I'm using pink salt and peppercorn).
- It’s of of cold water.
- You need of store-bought gnocchi or you can use a homemade recipe.
Soup warms the soul, and this is no exception. Gently fold chicken, gnocchi, and spinach into soup. Season with salt, black pepper, thyme, and nutmeg. Adjust thickness by adding more chicken broth, if desired.
Chicken and Gnocchi Soup instructions
- Dice your onion, shred your carrot, and slice your chicken..
- In a large pot, heat your preferred oil on medium-high heat and add your chicken. When all sides of the chicken are seared, add in your flour and coat the chicken. It will absorb all of the oil in the pot and will stick to the bottom of the pot, that is alright! It is FLAVOR, my friends!.
- After about 2 minutes of cooking the flour and chicken, add in your carrots and onion. Add in a little salt, just to sweat the carrots and onion..
- After 5 minutes of those veggies working out (sweating and turning translucent), slowly add in your cold water, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen up the FLAVOR at the bottom of the pot..
- When your water starts to simmer, add in the cream and stir until it comes to a simmer. (About 5 minutes).
- Remember when I said a "palm-full of dried Italian herbs"? I literally meant it. Add it into the simmering pot and stir to combine. This is also a good time to taste and season your soup. Add in salt and pepper to your liking. Remember to always taste as you go!.
- Grab that bunch of spinach and stir it into the soup. It will wilt down in about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, get your gnocchi ready..
- Oh, hey, I have a recipe of potato gnocchi for this occasion! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/365427-potato-gnocchi.
- Boil gnocchi according to its instructions and add it to the soup! Voila! You are done! I hope you enjoy!.
DIRECTIONS In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add chicken, chicken stock, half and half, salt and pepper, thyme. Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi. Add the thyme, carrots, spinach, chicken and gnocchi. Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is the coziest way to warm up this season!