Vickys Blondies / Butterscotch Bars, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Blondies / Butterscotch Bars, GF DF EF SF NF. I had another blondie recipe uploaded but had trouble converting it to be gluten-free. So I rewrote it and this one admittedly is much better.
Try the bacon one out and thank me later! Combine the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Melt the butter in a small saucepan on medium low heat. You can cook Vickys Blondies / Butterscotch Bars, GF DF EF SF NF using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Blondies / Butterscotch Bars, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 400 grams of light brown sugar (2 packed cups).
- It’s 112 grams (1/2 cup) of gold-foil wrapped Stork block margarine.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vickys Best Egg Replacer for Gluten-Free Baking recipe from my profile or Ener-G brand*.
- You need 60 ml (1/4 cup) of full fat coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 158 grams (1 cup) of rice flour.
- Prepare 125 grams (1 cup) of cornstarch.
- It’s 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 100 grams (1 cup) of desiccated coconut.
Sift baking powder and flour together. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter until it bubbles and starts to clear up. Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Add egg product to browned butter; stir with whisk.
Vickys Blondies / Butterscotch Bars, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- If using Ener-G or another brand egg replacer, add a half teaspoon xanthan gum to your ingredients. My egg replacer already contains some.
- Melt the butter and sugar together gently over a low heat in a heavy-bottomed pan. Let it cook for 10 minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture begins to bubble.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for 30 minutes, stirring now and again so the mix doesn't set. It will become thick like caramel.
- Meanwhile line an 8"x 8" square tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Combine the egg replacer and coconut milk and mix together well. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, starch, baking powder and salt in another bowl.
- Pour the cooled caramel into a mixer bowl and on a low speed beat in the egg replacer/milk mixture and vanilla.
- Beat the flour mix into the caramel in batches to form a dough.
- When fully incorporated beat the desiccated coconut into the caramel dough.
- Press the dough into the lined tin. It will be very stiff.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the dough is pulling away from the sides of the tin.
- Cool in the tin then turn out and cut into 2" squares.
Pour butter mixture over flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fudgy Blondies (NF, EF, CF, DF, SF, GF) View Larger Image;. (In the red bag) or chopped Hu Chocolate Bars are some cleaner options out there and may be used if tolerated. We did not tolerate chocolate originally, but are fortunate enough that we can consume it now (in moderation) without any reaction.. Butterscotch Blondies are the perfect rich and chewy treat loaded with butterscotch morsels and topped with gooey butterscotch topping. They are a delicious treat and each and every bite is irresistible!