Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells. Discover The Latest Outdoor Collection Now. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray foil with non stick spray Combine breadcrumbs, beaten egg and cream in a bowl to soak, set aside In a large bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, romano cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, hot sauce, soaked breadcrumbs with all liquid and cooled shallot and garlic. Place the filled pasta shell back on the baking sheet.
Cover with cheese, bake in the oven and you'll have a meal that will have the whole family coming back for seconds. Place the filled pasta shell back on the baking sheet. Repeat process until all meatballs have been stuffed into a pasta shell. You can cook Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells
- Prepare of MEATBALLS.
- You need 1 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 1 lb of ground pork.
- It’s 2 of cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- It’s 1/3 cup of fresh breadcrumbs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of romano cheese, fresh grated.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning blend.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of black pepper, and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tsp of hot sauce, such as Frank's brand.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1/3 lb of Italian four cheese blend , cut into 1 inch cubes and frozen while making meatballs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of PASTA AND SAUCE.
- It’s 1 box of jumbo pasta shells, you will need about 18 to 20, cooked.
- Prepare 1 of recipe marinara sauuce, recipe attached in direction step #9 or your favorite marinara sauce.
- You need of TOPPING.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of shredded Italian four cheese blend.
Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells. Jumbo macaroni shells stuffed with cheese mixture, covered with sauce, and baked. Stuffing the shells is the biggest challenge. Stuff a tablespoon of ricotta mixture into a jumbo shells, then stuff a meatball into the shells.
Cheese Filled Meatball Stuffed Jumbo Pasta Shells instructions
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray foil with non stick spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, beaten egg and cream in a bowl to soak, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet, add shallot and garlic and cook until softened, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, romano cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, hot sauce, soaked breadcrumbs with all liquid and cooled shallot and garlic. Mix with a fork or your hands until well combined.
- Form meatballs into an oval shape to fit inside the cooked jumbo shell.
- Flatten ball to place a frozen cheese cube in the center.
- Completely enclose cheese cube in meat ball.
- Continue to form meatballs with chesse cubes. Place on prepared pan and bake 15 to 20 minutes just until cooked.
- Place a cooked jumbo shell on work surface, put about a tablespoon of marinara sauce in shell, then fit one meatball in. Marinara sauce recipe attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/366612-simple-basic-marinara-sauce.
- At this point to cook all of the meatball stuffed shells place in a baking dish large enough to hold them in a single layer, before adding them to baking dish add a layer of marinara sauce then the stuffed shells, topping with more marinara sauce and shredded cheese. Bake at 375 just until hot about 15 to 20 minutes. An alternative is to frezze the shells individually and take out as many as you want. Cover a serving dish with sauce add your shells, topping with more sauce and shredded cheese and microwave or bake until hot.
These meatball stuffed pasta shells are marvelous in so many ways. They're quick and easy to make with minimal. Stuffed shells are a favorite of mine, but oddly not something I make very often. Traditionally, stuffed shells are made with a ricotta and mozarella mixture, but I wanted to make a meat stuffed shell. I decided that a traditional lightly seasoned meat and cheese filling was not in the cards, and I wanted to make a meatball as my filling.