Vickys Rock Cakes, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Best EVER Chocolate Cake w Secret Avocado! I use this recipe for most of my kids birthdays, it's a no fail. It never sinks, never overcooks, tastes fantastic and the avocado keeps it moist – you don't taste a bit of it, you would never know it was in there!
Great recipe for Vickys Sticky 'McVities' Ginger Cake, GF DF EF SF NF. A fond childhood memory is going to my grannies house after school and getting a slice of McVities Jamaican Ginger cake, thickly spread with butter to eat as I went on my way home. I love this bake and it's just as delicious. You can cook Vickys Rock Cakes, GF DF EF SF NF using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Rock Cakes, GF DF EF SF NF
- It’s 225 grams of self raising flour.
- You need 100 grams of gold-foil Stork margarine / sunflower spread.
- You need 1 tsp of mixed spice.
- It’s 75 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 75 grams of raisins.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of zest and juice of half an orange.
- It’s 60 ml of coconut milk or other preferred milk.
- You need of gluten free recipe.
- Prepare of Gluten-Free Version.
- Prepare 100 grams of cornstarch.
- It’s 30 grams of potato starch, not flour.
- Prepare 50 grams of sorghum flour.
- You need 40 grams of rice flour.
- You need 2 tsp of gluten free baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum.
- It’s 100 grams of sunflower spread eg Vitalite.
- You need 85 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of mixed spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of the zest and juice of half an orange.
- You need 90 ml of coconut milk or other preferred milk.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, cornflour, sugar and spices. Unlike Aunt Jemima, Hungry Jack and Mrs. Butterworth's syrups, Vicky Cakes Syrup is NOT made with high fructose corn syrup or preservatives. Vickys Marshmallow Top Hats, GF DF EF SF NF.
Vickys Rock Cakes, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add dry ingredients including raisins and mix gently.
- Add lemon juice, orange juice and milk until mixture is wet but still stiff, you may need to add more milk..
- On a baking tray place 10 scoops of the mixture to make 10 rockcakes.
- Bake for 22 – 25 mins until golden. The gluten free version won't go really golden but should feel firm but springy when done at around 24 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, a little extra mixed spice and enjoy!.
Cakes & Cupcakes exclusively on Kindle!! Everything I post is free from gluten, dairy, eggs, soy and most are peanut and tree nut-free too. Everything I post is free from gluten, dairy, eggs, soy and most are peanut and tree nut-free too. This is a classic British bake using our much loved Golden Syrup. If you can't source it where you live, I have an easy homemade recipe linked below Vickys Carrot Cake Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF ~ Great recipe for Vickys Carrot Cake Cupcakes, GF DF EF SF NF.