Tray-bake Apple Cake. Get your favourites from &Cake delivered. Download the app and order now! Peel, core and thinly slice the apples, then squeeze over the lemon juice.
Spread cake mixture onto prepared baking tray, cover with apple slices and sprinkle with lemon juice and raisins, if using. Grease a baking tray and dust with flour. In a bowl beat butter and sugar till creamy, then add eggs one after another and beat well after each addition. You can cook Tray-bake Apple Cake using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tray-bake Apple Cake
- It’s of Cake flour.
- Prepare of Baking powder.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Apples.
- You need of Walnuts.
- It’s of Eggs.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- You need of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Vanilla extract.
- It’s of Lemon juice.
Sift flour and baking powder in another bowl and add to mixture, alternating with the milk. This simple Dorset Apple Cake (Traybake) made with cooking apples (Bramley) and gently spiced with cinnamon is incredibly moist & delicious. Perfect on its own with cup of tea or slightly warm with ice cream or cream for dessert. Moist & buttery apple cake that smells of cinnamon must be one of my favourite things about the autumn!
Tray-bake Apple Cake step by step
- Peel the apples and cut into 4 – 6 even wedges. Then cut them into 7 mm slices..
- Soak the apples in salted water (not listed), to avoid discolouring, and drain..
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together twice..
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 170℃..
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the sugar and mix well. Add the vegetable oil and mix further, and add the vanilla extract and lemon juice..
- Add the apples and walnuts to Step 5 and mix. Add the dry ingredients from Step 3 in 2 3 batches. Fold in with a wooden spatula to prevent the batter from getting sticky..
- Pour the batter from Step 6 into the baking tray and smooth out the surface. The apples and walnuts stick out, so press them with the wooden spatula to make the batter flat..
- Bake for 35 40 minutes at 170℃ until golden brown..
- When it's baked, cut the cake and it's done The cake is very soft when it's hot. So wait until it cools down a little before you cut, otherwise it may crack..
- It's also delicious with raisins instead of walnuts..
Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Peel, core & thinly slice apples; squeeze the lemon juice over them to stop them discolouring and set them to one side. Grease the traybake tin with butter and line with baking parchment. Quarter, peel, core, and thinly slice the apples, and put them in a shallow dish.