Bibimbap with Bulgogi Beef. Add sliced meat to sauce and marinate in the refrigerator. Mix gochujang sauce ingredients in a bowl. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and stir-fry beef until cooked through.
Pour in the bulgogi marinade, gochujang paste, onion paste and sesame oil. You can use the barbecue or grill to cook your beef, but I used my frying pan. Take out the beef from its marinade and cook them. You can have Bibimbap with Bulgogi Beef using 37 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bibimbap with Bulgogi Beef
- It’s of [Beef ].
- You need 1 lb of thinly sliced beef steak (can slice frozen beef easier and very thin).
- Prepare of [Marinade ].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cooking wine (Mirin or white wine with 2 tbls white sugar).
- Prepare 1 of apple or asian pear.
- Prepare 1 of whole onion, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 2 of small Thai chili's OR 1 Habenero.
- It’s 1 tbls of Gochujang.
- It’s 1 tbls of sesame oil.
- It’s of [Gochujang Sauce ].
- It’s 2 Tbsp of gochujang.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of roasted sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of vinegar – I used apple vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare of [Veggies ].
- Prepare 2 tbls of butter.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 of julienned carrots.
- It’s 1 of broccoli floret (sliced in mandolin very thin).
- It’s 1/2 head of cabbage.
- It’s 1 tbls of marinade reserve.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbls of ginger.
- It’s 4 tbls of coconut oil.
- It’s 4 of green onions chopped up to green.
- You need 1 tbls of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 of cucumber diced.
- It’s 1/2 of orange.
- It’s of olive oil.
Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds in. This Koren-style rice bowl is so versatile and delicious. Carrot, eggs, fernbrake, garlic, ground beef, hot pepper paste, rice, sesame oil, sesame seeds, shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce, soybean sprouts, spinach, vegetable oil, zucchini. Korean Recipes: Bibimbap with Beef Bulgogi.
Bibimbap with Bulgogi Beef instructions
- Slice it frozen so you can get the thin slices and set in a bowl and put in fridge. If you are having a hard time cutting it with your knife, using a bread knife works best, let it thaw out for about an hour before trying again..
- Take all marinade ingredients and place into blender. blend until it's a smooth puree. pour marinade over sliced beef. marinade for at least 2 hours or overnight..
- Cook rice as per package instructions..
- Julienne the carrots, mince the garlic and ginger, shred the cabbage, thin slice the broccoli, chop the green onions and set aside, dice the cucumbers..
- In a hot pan add some coconut oil and the carrots. add some salt on top. cook for a minute so carrots still have a crunch. Take out of pan and set aside..
- Add more coconut oil and add the cabbage to pan. add 1 tbls of soy sauce and 1/2 tbls of the beef marinade and 1/2 tsp of ginger. cook it through and pull out of pan and set aside..
- Add 1 tbls of butter to pan. then throw in the broccoli add a little salt. add a little garlic on top about 1/2 tbls. then add another tbls of butter and cook for about 2 mins. pull out and set aside..
- Squeeze the orange juice and 1/2 tbls of ginger into a bowl. mix it well. can drizzle some olive oil into the oj and ginger and emulsify it to thicken it a bit. this will be the dressing for the cucumbers. add to cucumbers right before plating..
- Now get the pan piping hot and add 2 tbls of coconut oil. Add the meat in batches if you need so the pan isn't overfilled and starts boiling the meat. Cook will be quick since they are thin. Pull out of pan and set aside, keep covered in aluminum foil so it doesn't get cold..
- Add some oil to pan on medium low. add egg and cook through. The yolk should remain runny but not raw. it should be about 3 to 5 mins to cook..
- [GOCHUJANG SAUCE].
- Whisk all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside..
- Add rice to a bowl. press down a little. add sauce around rice. add egg to center of the bowl. place the veggies and beef around the egg, so the yolk is only exposed. Do not mix make sure they are all separate from each other. serve and eat..
Mix the gochujang sauce ingredients together in a small dish and set aside. Fry eggs over medium heat in sunny side up style until the egg whites are cooked. The two most outstanding elements of bibimbap are the bulgogi beef and the crisp rice. If you've ever tried bulgogi beef, you know how flavorful it is – sweet, salty, garlicky and irresistible. For the crisp rice, cold rice is seared in a hot pan until it develops a crust.