Killer Green Bean Casserole. Save Time and Do Groceries Online Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Make sure the beans in the pan are leveled.
Here is how you cook it. Ingredients of Killer Green Bean Casserole Prepare of french cut green beans. Scoop out the veg onto a plate. You can cook Killer Green Bean Casserole using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Killer Green Bean Casserole
- It’s 4 can of french cut green beans.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onion.
- It’s 5 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 cup of milk or 1/2 &1/2.
- It’s 4 tbsp of dry sherry.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of mushrooms.
- It’s 2 cup of parmessan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 can of french fried oinions.
Perfect next to your holiday ham or turkey, this green bean casserole has a creamy, rich cheese sauce that enhances, but doesn't cover up, the green beans, so they are still the star of the show. Even though your family's probably expecting the same old green bean casserole you've been making for decades (the one with condensed soup, a ton of cheese, and way too many bread crumbs or French-fried onions), once they try this one, it might become a new holiday trend! This is basically our standard green bean casserole recipe with some minor modifications I've made over the years. It's ALWAYS the first to disappear at potlucks when there are other versions of green bean casseroles and people often ask why it seems to taste so much better than the original one on the French's can.
Killer Green Bean Casserole instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit..
- Place green beans in the colander they must be completely dry before putting them in a 9 inch by 14 inch pan. Make sure the beans in the pan are leveled..
- Melt butter and stir in the onions. Cook until onions are softened..
- Let the butter cool then quickly stir in flour..
- With the pan on low heat. Stir in milk, sherry, flour, pepper, and salt..
- Cook until the batter thickens..
- Stir in mushrooms. Remove from heat..
- Stir in cheese..
- Pour batter over top of the green beans let it stand into the batter mixes in with the green beans. Place in oven at 350°F fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes or until beans are boiling..
- Option : spread fried onions over the top of the green beans and placed back in the oven until onions turn crispy..
I always use French-cut green beans, add a (drained) can of sliced water. Instructions How to Make Green Bean Casserole Now that you have bought all your ingredients and set the kitchen counter to begin. Test Kitchen Tips: • For a kick of spice, double. Creamy, comforting green bean casserole made completely from scratch. This undeniably rich side dish will put that thanksgiving turkey to shame!