Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu. Tempeh is an amazing tofu replacement with more protein and easier prep! Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs.
The tofu and prawns are paired in a sweet and sour sauce made with salty fish sauce and brightly flavored herbs. Fried Tofu and Prawns in Sweet and Sour Fish Sauce is an authentic taste of Southeast Asia. Tofu in Asian Cooking- Tofu is used throughout Asia in many different cuisines and styles of cooking. You can cook Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu
- You need of A. The Tofu.
- You need 250 g of Cooked & Peeled Shrimp.
- It’s 3 of tubes Japanese egg tofu.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 3 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 2 of Firm tofu (500g).
- It’s 2 tsp of chicken seasoning pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare of B. The Chilli Sauce (Optional).
- Prepare 3-5 of big red chilies – deseeded.
- Prepare 3 of bird eyed chilies (or more).
- You need 1/2 of big lemon – juiced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- It’s 1/4 c of sugar.
- You need 1/4 c of water.
- Prepare 1/4 c of peeled Garlic.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Note:.
- Prepare 1 of . Use any type of sauce or store bought sauce for dipping. Here, we sometimes use either Vegemite or Brovil.
- It’s 2 of . Dip this tofu in any sauce or make this one. Recipe for the sauce here is best served with steamed Chicken Rice.
Place tofu in a large bowl and mash tofu with a fork. Add prawns, eggs, salt and corn flour together with the tofu and mix well. Lastly add in the spring onion. Scoop tofu mixture with a spoon and drop into hot oil and deep fry until golden brown.
Prawn Flavoured Fried Tofu step by step
- A – Prepare a steamer and leave to water in the steamer to boil. Line a square steaming tray with baking paper with two long sides overhang for easy lifting of the Cooked tofu later..
- Next, Place all ingredients in A into a food processor and blitz into a smooth paste. Pour this into a steaming tray. Cover steaming tray with aluminum foil. Steam for 30-35 minutes until set..
- Remove tofu from the tray once tofu is completely cool. Cut into small squares..
- Place enough corn flour in a bowl to coat each piece of cut tofu. Heat oil in a pan. Coat cut tofu with corn flour and transfer them straight to hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Place on a cooling rack. Make sure to put rack on a tray, this is to drain any excess oil. Serve with any sauce or simple chili sauce in B..
- B – Blend everything in B until it turns into a fine sauce. Refrigerate and use clean and dry spoon to scoop content when needed..
Place them tofu side down on a plate to get ready for pan frying. Set on paper towels to soak up extra oil. Lightly sprinkle cornflour on the surface of the tofu. Spoon prawn paste and arrange on the tofu. Discard any excess water in the plate.