Thai Mango Sticky Rice, Award Winning Recipe/Ayam Brand Contest. Great recipe for Thai Mango Sticky Rice, Award Winning Recipe/Ayam Brand Contest. Thai Sweet Sticky Rice With Mango (Khao Neeo Mamuang) Suong Knabel. Loved this recipe – sticky rice and mango is one of my favorite desserts yet I had never tried making it myself.
For Thai mango sticky rice, the sticky rice is steamed, mixed with thick coconut cream and sugar, paired with perfectly ripe yellow sweet mango, served with some extra coconut cream on the top to make it even better, and finally often some crispy yellow mung beans are sprinkled on the very top. Ingredients for khao neow mamuang The sticky rice is made in a pot on your stove, so you don't need a rice cooker. Coconut milk and brown sugar add delicious flavor to both the rice and the sauce. You can cook Thai Mango Sticky Rice, Award Winning Recipe/Ayam Brand Contest using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thai Mango Sticky Rice, Award Winning Recipe/Ayam Brand Contest
- It’s of For Sticky Rice:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Glutinous Rice.
- You need of Sweet coconut sauce to mix with sticky rice:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Ayam Brand Coconut Milk Super Light.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pandan Leave.
- It’s of Salted Coconut sauce for serving:.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Ayam Brand Coconut Milk 20% Fat.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Rice Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 Tablespoon of Water.
- It’s 1 of Pandan Leave.
- It’s of 1 ripe Mango.
- You need of Toasted Sesame Seed for garnish.
When everything's ready, you'll scoop rice into a bowl, add some fresh mango slices, and smother it with the sweet coconut sauce to create a Thai dessert that will transport you to Southeast Asia. Make coconut milk sauce by boiling the coconut milk, sugar and a pinch of salt together. Peel the Mango and roughly chop it into small pieces. Glutinous rice is sticky when cooked and can be short-grained (Japanese sushi rice) or long-grained (Thai sticky rice).
Thai Mango Sticky Rice, Award Winning Recipe/Ayam Brand Contest step by step
- Wash the rice until the water runs clear (4-5x) and soak overnight.
- Drain the soaked rice and put into a bowl and steam for 40mins.
- Before the rice is done, mix ingredients for sweet coconut sauce in a pot and bring to a boil, keeping it warm.
- After 40mins of steaming the rice, turn off the heat and pour the warm sweet coconut sauce. Mix well and cover for 20 mins..
- After 20 mins mix the rice well again and cover for another 15 mins and it's ready..
- Meanwhile also prepare salted coconut sauce by dissolving the rice flour with water and then mix with the rest of the ingredients in a pot and bring to a soft boil. Let it cool and set aside..
- To serve, simply place the warm streamed rice into a plate and drizzle with salted coconut sauce and garnish with toasted Sesame seed. Serve with a cold mango 😊.
Today, we're using the long-grained, Thai version. The stickiness in the rice grain comes from a compound called amylopectin. The higher the amylopectin, the stickier the rice. TOOLS FOR THIS MANGO STICKY RICE RECIPE. Steamer Mango sticky rice (khao neow mamuang / ข้าวเหนียวมะม่วง) is an amazing and authentic Thai dessert.