Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add the sour cream and stir to dissolve. Meanwhile, heat the broth in a Dutch oven or stock pot over medium-high heat.
A leftover chicken, a couple of carrots and potatoes, some green beans, and an onion are all you need. Whole peppercorns and bay leaves give their distinctive flavors to this simple but delicious chicken soup recipe. Simply brown the bones from the leftover roasted chicken carcass to give the stock a complex flavor, add some vegetables and water, simmer, then strain the stock. You can have Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup
- Prepare 1 portion of Comfy Chicken Paprika (see my Cookpad recipe), = 2 cooked chicken thighs and 250-350 ml of the sauce but a little more the merrier!.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil (cold-pressed recommended).
- It’s 1 of leek, sliced.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of potato, unpeeled but diced.
- It’s 2 of carrots, unpeeled but diced.
- It’s 1 litre of chicken stock (I used Knorr Stock Pots).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Ground black pepper.
Finally, just bring it back up to a simmer, add raw vegetables, and finish the soup with any leftover chicken meat and cooked egg noodles. Pour chicken stock into the pan, and bring all to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer; mix flour with sour cream until smooth, then whisk into chicken stock. This Smoked Chicken Tortilla Soup is a delicious way to use up leftover smoked chicken or turkey!
Use-up Comfy Chicken Paprika Leftover Soup step by step
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or stockpot and gently fry the leek and onion for 3 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking..
- Add the garlic and continue frying for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Stir in the potato and carrots. Fry for a further minute, gently stirring continuously. Then add the stock, stirring well to mix. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook on a fast simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Season to taste (you may not need any salt) and whizz to a smooth consistency..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread or crusty roll..
It's packed with healthy ingredients like black beans, tomatoes, corn, and peppers, this tortilla soup packs a smoky punch from smoked chicken and smoked paprika, thickened with a masa slurry that adds a toasty corn flavor to the whole thing. See recipes for Paprika Stew, Cheesy Paprika Baked Eggs too. Got boneless, skinless chicken breasts in your freezer? This smoky, juicy chicken recipe makes enough to cook once and eat twice. Serve it with a whole grain (like quinoa) and stir-fried veggies for dinner, then add the leftover chicken to a salad for lunch.