Pad Thai. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! From the restaurant to your doorstep.
This dish is possibly one of the most famous Thai dishes and appears on menus throughout the world. Rightfully so, it's a speedy dish full of deep layers of sweet and aromatic flavours. Pad Thai is a traditional Thai dish of stir fried rice noodles with eggs, fish sauce, lime and a variety of other ingredients. You can cook Pad Thai using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pad Thai
- Prepare of Pad thai sauce.
- It’s 9 tbsp of packed palm sugar, roughly chopped.
- You need 9 tbsp of water.
- You need 4 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 6 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need of Pad thai.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of dried shrimp.
- You need 115 g of dried rice noodles, medium, soaked in room temp water for 1 hour then drain and cut into shorter pieces.
- It’s 3 of gloves garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 85 g of firm tofu, cut into small bite-size pieces and pan-fried.
- It’s of Vegetable oil.
- It’s of Choice of shrimp or chicken breast for protein.
- Prepare of Dried chili flakes.
- You need 2 of cuts bean sprouts.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- Prepare of Spring onions, cut into 2-inch.
- It’s 1/4 of cut toasted peanuts, roughly chopped.
Whether you're after a chicken pad Thai, one with seafood or one with. Have all the other ingredients ready by the cooker. Pad thai is made with rehydrated dried rice noodles with some tapioca flour mixed in, which are stir fried with eggs and chopped firm tofu, flavored with tamarind juice, fish sauce, dried shrimp, garlic or shallots, red chili pepper and palm sugar, and served with lime wedges and often chopped roasted peanuts. Pad Thai is like a warm blanket.
Pad Thai instructions
- To prepare the sauce, caramelize the palm sugar on a sauce pan over low heat but make sure not to push it too dark. Then add the water to stop the caramelization. It will immediately harden the sugar syrup but will eventually dissolve once the its heated up again. Add the rest of the ingredients then continue simmer until the sugar has been dissolved again. Set aside..
- Sear your choice of protein over medium heat. If you are using shrimp, take it out of the pan after searing so as not to over cook it..
- Add a little more oil and toss in the garlic, onion, dried shrimps, tofu and chili flakes. Saute for a couple of minutes until fragrant..
- Increase the heat and toss in noodles and sauce. Keep tossing until sauce has been absorbed. You may add a little water if the noodles is undercooked..
- Once noodles are cooked, push everything at one side of the pan. Put a little oil on the empty space and cooked the egg. Break the yoke then once slight cooked, toss in the noodles until all is well combined..
- Add the bean sprout, spring onion, half of the peanuts and the seared shrimps (if using). Toss well then turn off the heat..
- Serve warm with additional sidings of peanuts, chili flakes, bean sprouts, lime wedges (and some sugar according to taste)..
It's a comfort food of our age, with those chewy noodles, crunchy peanuts, the sweet and tangy sauce, and plenty of chives, bean sprouts, and chicken to make it a full meal. Pad Thai is a Thai noodle stir fry with a sweet-savoury-sour sauce scattered with crushed peanuts. It's made with thin, flat rice noodles, and almost always has bean sprouts, garlic chives, scrambled egg, firm tofu and a protein – the most popular being chicken or prawns/shrimp. Pad Thai is Thai stir-fried noodles with rice stick noodles, shrimp, chicken, fried tofu, eggs and Pad Thai sauce. The noodles are topped with crushed peanuts and served with fresh chives, lime wedges, with condiments such as sugar, fish sauce and chili powder on the side.