Stew of the Pharaohs. Skim off the top as it boils. Add bouillon cubes and bring to a boil. Molokhia (Melokiyah, etc.) is a traditional dish in Egypt and Sudan — some people believe it originated among Egyptians during the time of the Pharaohs.
Charoset: Derived from the Hebrew word for clay, charoset represents the mortar the Israelites used to build the Pharaoh's monuments while they were enslaved. Charoset is usually made from apples, walnuts, wine or grape juice, cinnamon, and honey or sugar. Other recipes might use dried fruit like dates or figs and almonds. You can cook Stew of the Pharaohs using 19 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stew of the Pharaohs
- It’s 8-10 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 1 cup of pearl barley.
- Prepare 4 of x 900 ml chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 of medium carrots, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes with liquid.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of died red lentils.
- It’s of zest and juice of 3 limes.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of kosher salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of cooking oil.
Pharaohs were typically male, although there were some noteworthy female leaders, like Hatshepsut and Cleopatra. Hatshepsut, in particular, was a successful ruler, but many inscriptions and monuments about her were destroyed after her death—perhaps to stop future women from becoming pharaohs. Along with the title Pharaoh for later rulers. The curse of the pharaohs or the mummy's curse is a curse alleged to be cast upon anyone who disturbs the mummy of an ancient Egyptian, especially a pharaoh.
Stew of the Pharaohs step by step
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat and add oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. add to pot and cook until evenly browned, about 10 minutes in total. Remove chicken..
- Add carrots, ginger, and onion. Saute for about 6 minutes until soft, constantly stirring..
- Add garlic. Saute another 2 minutes while stirring.
- Add all spices, cilantro and can of diced tomato with liquid. Saute 3 minutes, while stirring constantly..
- Return chicken and any liquid from chicken back to pot..
- Add all 4 cartons of chicken stock to pot.
- Add zest and juice from 3 limes. Bring to a boil..
- Add pearl barley to pot, reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and set a timer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 min add red lentils to pot and cover. Set timer for another 25 minutes.
- After timer ends, remove all pieces of chicken to a plate and shred with 2 forks..
- Return shredded chicken to pot and add lemon juice. Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes..
- Enjoy served with fresh Naan bread or fresh baguette. Also, a tablespoon of plain yogurt added to bowl is excellent..
This curse, which does not differentiate between thieves and archaeologists, is claimed to cause bad luck, illness, or death. The Pharaoh was the ultimate ruler and his power was absolute. To keep the Egyptian society in check, a bureaucratic system, which promoted "a deep satisfaction in devising routines for measuring, inspecting, checking, and thus as far as possible controlling other people's activities" was developed by those in power. Architects worked hard to provide protection for the tombs by constructing pyramids over them. He built the Step Pyramid as part of his funeral complex at Saqqara.