Orange Apple Cake. Cream butter and sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer until fluffy. Mix in the eggs, one by one. Add the Zest and Juice of the Orange, fold in Flour, then add Apple and Currants to combine.
Tip the mixture into the cake tin and sprinkle the top with demerara sugar. Bake for an hour and fifteen minutes, and leave to cool completely before serving. Repeat procedure with remaining batter and apple mixture. You can have Orange Apple Cake using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Orange Apple Cake
- You need of Maida All purpose flour /.
- It’s of Baking Powder.
- Prepare of Butter (room temperature).
- You need of Ghee.
- It’s of egg.
- Prepare of Sugar (powdered).
- It’s of Apple ..
- You need of orange juice (fresh).
- It’s of Cinnamon Powder.
- You need of lemon rind (optional).
- Prepare of condensed milk (milkmaid/mithaimate).
- You need of water.
The apples and the orange makes a fantastic combination. This apple cake is perfect for enjoying during the fall, making for a bake sale, a picnic and pot luck or just because you are craving the taste of apples, oranges, and spice. Make this cake ahead or make it when the craving hits. This maple, apple and pecan cake with apple sauce has a beautiful texture.
Orange Apple Cake step by step
- Mix the flour and baking powder together. and keep aside..
- Beat the butter and sugar together. Make sure the butter is at room temperature so that butter and sugar forms a creamy mixture. Also, note the amount of sugar can be varied according to your sweet tooth and the sweetness of the fruits..
- Add the ghee and mix it well..
- Add in the egg to this and mix well. Add the cinnamon powder and the lemon rind(optional) at this stage and mix well..
- Now take half an apple(de-seeded of course!) and make a paste of it in mixer. Add this paste into the above sugar-butter-ghee-egg mix. Make sure there are no lumps or your cake will have them too!! ;).
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line the baking tin..
- Add the half cup Orange juice (freshly prepared).. and mix it well..
- Now add the flour- baking Powder into the wet ingredients in 3 parts. That is add 1/3 first and combine it well with either a wooden spoon or electric mixer at low speed. Then the next 1/3 and the last portion..
- Add 3 Tblspoon water to 2 Tblspoon condensed milk and mix it well. Mix it thoroughly so that all of the condensed milk is mixed properly. Add this milk liquid to the batter..
- Pour the cake mix into the baking tin and tap to remove air bubbles. Bake it for 20-25 min or till done..
Blood oranges come into season during the winter months, treat yourself to citrussy orange pancakes, layered with orange custard and topped with the caramelised. Mix the flour and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub into the flour using your fingers, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the light brown sugar. Duncan Smith joined him to perform all aspects of the finance function and take on the general corporate responsibilities.