Chicken with Flat Dumplings. Automated Poultry Processing Systems That Work Best for Your Needs. Up the ante by seasoning your dumplings and making them with some bacon fat or chicken fat. Approximate cooking times for both pressure cooker/Instant Pot and Dutch oven included.
A chicken and noodle dinner did not refer to a thin soup with carrots and celery mixed in. Place chicken breast on the baking sheet and Drizzle a little olive oil on the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Once the chicken is cooked, shred it with two forks. You can cook Chicken with Flat Dumplings using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Flat Dumplings
- You need of Chicken.
- It’s 6 of chicken thighs boneless and skinless 3 lbs.
- It’s 4 of chicken breast skin on and bone in 2-1/2 lbs.
- You need 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter divided.
- It’s 2-1/2 quart of chicken broth.
- It’s As needed of salt.
- It’s As needed of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare As needed of poultry seasonings.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s of Dumplings.
- You need 5 of jumbo eggs.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare As needed of chicken broth about 1/2 cup.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter grated.
You'll love the flat dumplings mixed in with a delicious creamy chicken soup. Chicken and Dumplings is a classic Southern comfort food. It starts with a creamy chicken soup. Celery and carrots are optional vegetable additions to the soup base.
Chicken with Flat Dumplings step by step
- Heat half a stick of butter in a pot. Season the chicken with poultry seasonings, salt, and pepper. Sear the chicken 6 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside. Do in batches if you need to. Grate the butter, dice the onion and chop carrots..
- Remove the skins and bones from the breast. Shred all the chicken when cooled to the touch..
- Add the diced onion, and chopped carrots, in the pot where the chicken was seared. Season with poultry seasonings, and salt. Sauté till tender. Chop the shredded chicken and add to the carrots and onion. Add the chicken broth and rest of butter..
- Mix the flour, grated butter, and salt. Separate the yolk from the whites. Mix the yokes in the flour. Mix enough chicken broth to make a pasta dough..
- Roll it out and cut into strips. They should be about 1/4 inch thick × 1/2 inch wide × 2 inches long. Add the dumplings into the broth and allow to cook. Stir occasionally so the dumplings don't stick. Season 1/4 cup all-purpose flour with poultry seasonings, salt, and pepper..
- Add the 1/2 cup of seasoned flour. Stir often. The broth should thicken. Allow to rest 12 minutes, then serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
The dumplings have an awesome flavor and consistency and they definitely made an excellent pot of chicken and dumplings. They are meant to be rolled out flat but you will have to use a lot of flour for dusting the dough as you roll them out avoid having the dough stick to your roller. Remove skin and bones at this point, along with bay leaves. Prepare dumplings and set them aside for a few minutes. The slow-cooker simmers chicken, potatoes, carrots, and celery in a creamy sauce made with Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup, to be topped with tender dumplings made easy with baking mix.