Steamed Rice with Edamame and Vegetable Stock (One Pot Recipe). Bring The French Quarter To Your Kitchen With Zatarain's® Recipes & Ideas For Inspiration. Great recipe for Steamed Rice with Edamame and Vegetable Stock (One Pot Recipe). I wanted to make a slightly savory steamed rice for my family.
You might want to reduce the water if you're using short. Stir in white rice and salt. Return to a boil over medium-high heat. You can cook Steamed Rice with Edamame and Vegetable Stock (One Pot Recipe) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Rice with Edamame and Vegetable Stock (One Pot Recipe)
- You need 200 ml of basmati rice, washed until the water is clear.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 400 ml of vegetable broth (regular broth would work as well).
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen edamame.
Rinse the rice in a large bowl of cold water, swishing the rice around with your hands. Use a fine-mesh strainer to drain the rice. Bring to a boil over high heat. Heat a small pot of water to a rolling boil.
Steamed Rice with Edamame and Vegetable Stock (One Pot Recipe) instructions
- Heat oil in a pot. (I used medium heat).
- Put onion on the pan and stir for about 30 seconds..
- Add rice. Stir for about a minute..
- Add the broth, frozen edamame, salt. Stir until well-combined..
- Wait until the water is boiling. Turn the heat to the lowest setting and cover the pot..
- Open the pot after about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat. After about 5 minutes, mix the rice with a fork before serving..
Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot. Crumble stock on top, stir and let everything boil with the lid on, to soften the rice. Add cinnamon, bay leaves, carrots, peas, and green beans – saute a minute more. Next, add the rice and cook on medium heat for two minutes so the rice is well coated with the oil. Add stock, fresh herbs – and stir well.