Apple cake. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! We Have Almost Everything on eBay.
Apple cakes Apple cakes are so comforting and wholesome – no fancy icing here, just lovely flavours. Try it as a dessert, served with custard or a caramel sauce. Make this apple cake in autumn when local apples are at their best. You can cook Apple cake using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple cake
- It’s 750 g of apples.
- Prepare 1 glass of flour.
- You need 2 tablespoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 glass of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 glasses of brown sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 glass of milk.
A light sponge cake is topped with apples, sugar and cinnamon before being baked to perfection. Coat the apple wedges in the lemon juice and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar,. Sieve the flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
Apple cake step by step
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder..
- In a separate bowl mix together the sunflower oil and brown sugar, then add the eggs one by one, once it’s all mixed add the milk..
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and mix the batter all together, then add all the apples..
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40-45 minutes..
Cut up the cooking apples into small pieces and add them to the dry mix. Michelin-starred chef Frances Atkins' recipe for apple and olive oil cake is a (slightly) healthy alternative to the usual sugar and butter filled cakes. Naturally sweetened with sultanas and featuring olive oil instead of butter or margarine, this cake is then topped with a crunchy walnut topping and can be served with apple puree and cream. Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a bowl. Mix well until blended, then beat for a minute.