Apple cake. Bake one of our moist and fruity apple cakes for afternoon tea. Choose from rustic country apple traybakes, toffee apple squares, loaf cakes and more. Apple cakes Apple cakes are so comforting and wholesome – no fancy icing here, just lovely flavours.
A light sponge cake is topped with apples, sugar and cinnamon before being baked to perfection. Coat the apple wedges in the lemon juice and set aside. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar,. You can cook Apple cake using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple cake
- You need 150 gms of sugar.
- Prepare 115 gms of Palm sugar or Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 225 gms of All-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s as needed of Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped in small pieces.
- You need 90-100 gms of pecans, chopped small.
Sieve the flour and sugar together in a mixing bowl. Cut up the cooking apples into small pieces and add them to the dry mix. Michelin-starred chef Frances Atkins' recipe for apple and olive oil cake is a (slightly) healthy alternative to the usual sugar and butter filled cakes. Naturally sweetened with sultanas and featuring olive oil instead of butter or margarine, this cake is then topped with a crunchy walnut topping and can be served with apple puree and cream.
Apple cake instructions
- Cream butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs.
- Add vanilla Essence.
- Sift in the dry ingredients, (flour+baking powder+salt)until you get a homogenouscake battar.
- Transfer onto a baking vessels.
- Add the apple,pecan and palm sugar or brown sugar on top.(or if don’t like the rustic top part of cake you can keep some cake batter to add on the top).
- Bake at 375 f preheated oven 60-80 minutes.
- Enjoy Baking delicious and moist apple pecan cake.
Measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, eggs, almond extract and melted butter into a bowl. Mix well until blended, then beat for a minute. Spread half this mixture in the prepared tin. Begin by sifting the flour, baking powder and spices into a roomy mixing bowl, lifting the sieve quite high to give the flour a good airing as it goes down. Next chop the apples into small dice (with or without peel, just as you like).