Buttermilk Banana Bread. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition – use a mixer. Stir baking soda into buttermilk and add to mixture. Sift baking powder with flour and blend into creamed mixture.
Add the buttermilk, oil, sugar, and vanilla and mix. In the bowl of a stand mixer or by using a hand mixer, cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla until combined. You can cook Buttermilk Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Banana Bread
- You need of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- You need of sugar (I used half granulated, half brown).
- You need of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Prepare of mashed banana (about 3 medium or 2 large).
- Prepare of buttermilk, at room temperature.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of baking soda.
Add in the flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Grease bottom and edges of one loaf pan with butter. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar.
Buttermilk Banana Bread instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5" loaf pan and set it aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Set it aside..
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it is creamy, about 1 minute. Then beat in the sugar until it's nice and fluffy..
- Add the eggs, mashed banana, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Beat until combined..
- Next, add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined..
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center..
- Place the pan on a cooling rack. After about 15 minutes, gently run a knife around the edges to loosen the bread. Carefully remove it from the pan..
- Let it cool out of the pan on the wire rack. Once it's cool, slice and serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container..
- For buttermilk banana muffins, fill greased muffin tins about 2/3 of the way full and bake @ 350°F for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean..
Beat the oil, butter, eggs, vanilla, both sugars and buttermilk until well blended. Beat in the banana and lemon juice. Mix the flour, baking soda and salt and stir into the banana mixture until well blended. Add the chopped pecans (and chocolate chips if using) and gently stir into the batter by hand. Buttermilk Banana Bread works perfectly for a full-size loaf, mini loaves, or muffins.