Spiced Apple Cake. Beat well and fold in the sifted dry ingredients. Karen's apple cake recipe makes a wonderfully warming sweet treat, with the heady spicing mingling with chunks of sweet apple. This cake can be served cold as part of an afternoon tea, or is equally good warmed up with lashings of cream, ice cream or custard for dessert.
Place the butter or margarine, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, eggs, mixed spice and vanilla extract into a bowl. Add the pureed date mixture, and then beat until light and fluffy. Toss the lemony apples through the cake batter until evenly mixed and pour the mixture into the prepared tin. You can have Spiced Apple Cake using 8 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spiced Apple Cake
- You need 180 g of gluten free self raising flour.
- Prepare 150 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 250 g of dairy free natural yoghurt.
- It’s 85 g of dairy free spread, melted.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of large eating apple, peeled, cored and chopped into little pieces.
- You need 40 g of coconut sugar (or brown sugar).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
The cake is moist without being soggy or oil-saturated. Pleasantly autumn spiced with nice chunks of sweet apple (I used apples from our tree and I haven't a clue what they are – all I know is that they are sweet and hold their shape). Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, then beat in the eggs one by one. Grate half the apple and mix it into the batter with the vanilla, dried fruit and ground almonds.
Spiced Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 oC Grease and line an 8″cake tin Whisk together the dairy free natural yoghurt, melted dairy free spread and the egg Stir in the flour and caster sugar Mix in the chopped apple Pour into the cake tin.
- Mix together the cinnamon and coconut sugar Sprinkle on top of the cake and swirl into the cake batter with a knife Bake in the oven for 35 minutes Remove from the tin and allow to cool before serving.
The cake is really moist, perfectly spiced, and studded with tender pieces of fresh apple. The batter is incredibly fast to make with just a wooden spoon – no electric mixer required! Dozer got in so much trouble over this Apple Cake. Mix the flour and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub into the flour using your fingers, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.