Pad Gaprao Gaiผัดกระเพราไก่ (Spicy Thai Basil Chicken). Thai basil chicken recipe (pad kra pao gai ผัดกระเพราไก่) You've got to have the fried egg on the side! Dish out a plate of freshly steamed jasmine rice, scoop the hot Thai basil chicken (pad kra pao gai ผัดกระเพราไก่) onto one side of your rice, and nestle your fried egg on the other side of the plate. Great recipe for Pad Gaprao Gaiผัดกระเพราไก่ (Spicy Thai Basil Chicken).
But I just made the chicken without the fried-egg this. Thai basil chicken, better known in Thai as pad kra pao gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่ pad ka prao gai), is a contender for the most popular, and the most beloved Thai street food dish of all time. You know sometimes when you go to a restaurant and you have no idea what to. You can have Pad Gaprao Gaiผัดกระเพราไก่ (Spicy Thai Basil Chicken) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pad Gaprao Gaiผัดกระเพราไก่ (Spicy Thai Basil Chicken)
- You need 1 Lb of Chicken boneless and skinless breast.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic,minced.
- Prepare 4 of Thai chilies(I threw away the seeds),minced.
- You need 1 pinch of sambal oelek.
- It’s 1 of Rome Tomato(because my husband doesn't like spicy).
- It’s 2 tbsp of kecap manis(dark sweet soy sauce).
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of onion, thinly sliced.
- It’s as needed of water and brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 handful of Thai holy basil leaves(use only the leaves).
Great recipe for Pad Gaprao Gaiผัดกระเพราไก่ (Spicy Thai Basil Chicken). Heat large skillet over high heat. Stir in shallots, garlic, and sliced chilies. Pad Kraprow Gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่) literally translates to Fried Holy Basil Chicken and is a Thai street food dish that also happens to be one of my favorite dishes of all time.
Pad Gaprao Gaiผัดกระเพราไก่ (Spicy Thai Basil Chicken) instructions
- Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces..
- Heat your wok on high heat, and add about 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. When the oil is hot, add the chilies and garlic. Saute them until they get really fragrant, but don’t let them burn or get too dry..
- Add the chicken, stir and cook the chicken until browned. If it starts to get dry,Add a tiny splash of water and leave it until the chicken becomes tender and fully cooked.
- Add the seasoning(oyster sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar,tomato,fish sauce, sambal oelek and dark soy sauce). Keep stir frying for about a minute.Test the taste. Add the onion and stir..
- Now, turn off the heat. Grab a handful of holy basil, fold it into the chicken, and cook with the existing heat..
- Pad Gaprao Gai is now ready to be served with rice ♥️. Enjoy!.
While there are countless reasons to love this dish, perhaps the most compelling is its incredibly good effort to taste ratio. Ten minutes is all it takes to pull this dish off, and for your. Everyone can do 🙂 This popular Thai dish has many English spellings: Pad Kra Pao, Pad Ka Pow, Pad Ka Prao…etc. Spicy, with a mouthwatering balance of savory and sweet, Thai Basil Chicken, or Pad Kraprow Gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่) is a quick stir-fry that will fill your kitchen with the hunger-inducing aromas of caramelized garlic and Thai Holy Basil Stir-Fry Recipe (Pad. Thai basil chicken is known in Thai as pad kra pao gai (ผัดกระเพราไก่).