Banana Bread. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. A fantastic quick bread, which makes use of over-ripe bananas.
Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl, then stir in the melted butter and caster sugar with a wooden spoon until well combined. Stir in the vanilla extract or cinnamon (or use both if you like), then beat in the eggs. Sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, then gently fold in, along with the nuts, if using. You can cook Banana Bread using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 5 tbsp of margarine or butter, softened.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 of egg whites.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cup of mashed ripe bananas, (about 3 large).
- You need 2 1/2 cup of sifted all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts, optional.
Banana bread is a cake tin classic. Easy to make, great with tea and beloved by kids and adults alike, it's not hard to see why this is one of the most popular baking recipes on BBC Good Food. Banana bread is a great recipe to make with kids, and they'll enjoy tucking into it, too! In a large bowl, combine flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F and spray a 9.5" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray..
- Beat sugars and margarine in a large bowl with mixer until creamy..
- Add egg, egg whites and bananas. Mix well..
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened..
- Fold in walnuts (if used) and pour into prepared pan..
- Bake for 45-50 min, and cool in pan for 10 minutes..
- Remove to wire rack, cool completely. Cut into 16 pieces and serve..
In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the peeled and mashed bananas. Then, with your wooden spoon, stir in the walnuts, drained sultanas and vanilla extract.