Big Mac Copycat. Buy Big mac shirts on eBay. If you've ever been to McDonald's, you have tried a McDonald's Big Mac. Now you can create your own homemade Big Mac recipe!
You can use Kraft Thousand Island dressing for the special sauce, or follow the link in the Tidbits below to a recipe for cloning the special sauce from scratch. The Best Copycat Big Mac Recipe. Sorry McDonald's, but this bigger, better, and healthier burger has our heart. You can cook Big Mac Copycat using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Big Mac Copycat
- Prepare of For the Secret Sauce:.
- Prepare of (1) Cup Mayonnaise.
- It’s of (1) Tbsp Yellow Mustard.
- It’s of (1) Tbsp Pickle Relish.
- You need of (1) Tsp White Vinegar.
- It’s of (1) Tsp Onion Powder.
- You need of (1) Tsp Garlic Powder.
- Prepare of (1 & 1/2) Tsp Paprika.
- You need of For the Big Mac:.
- It’s of (1 Lb) 80/20 Ground Beef.
- It’s of (4) Hamburger Buns.
- Prepare of (4) Hamburger Bun Bottoms.
- Prepare of (1/2) Onion, Minced.
- Prepare of (1) Cup finely chopped Lettuce.
- Prepare of (8 to 12) Dill Pickle Slices.
- Prepare of (4) Slices American Cheese.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Waxed paper.
By David Zinczenko and Matt Goulding. To make four Big Macs, you need eight pairs of buns: Each Big Mac uses two bottom buns and one bun top to hold two patties. Three others and myself tried the copycat Big Mac. The flavor is dead on, and the beef even finished a little greasy just like a McDonald's burger does; thin and ground beef is the right combo for sure.
Big Mac Copycat step by step
- Separate Hamburger meat into (8) equal sections, roll into balls. Cut up (16) squares of waxed paper. I usually buy a box of 500, 10×10 waxed paper squares on Amazon for about $9.00. They come in handy. But it's fine to just cut them off a roll..
- Place (1) waxed paper on table, place (1) ball of meat on it. Place (1) waxed paper on top of meat. Press down with hand then roll pattie with rolling pin untill desired shape. Repeat (7) More times. Stack. When done. Place all (8) patties in freezer for at least 30. Minutes..
- Mix all of the Secret Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside..
- Prepare the buns. Lay out (8) bottom buns, Layer each with secret sauce, (1) tbsp of Onion, (2) tbsp lettuce, pickles on (4) of the bottom buns and a slice of cheese on the remaing (4)..
- Season (8) patties with salt and pepper to taste, fry over medium heat. About (3) minutes on each side..
- Place 1 pattie over each prepared bottom bun, stack then cover with the top buns. Enjoy!.
The "special sauce" tastes exactly like McDonald's own, and even cheating the sandwich a little by using a bottom bun for the middle one didn't affect the texture. The copycat McDonald's Big Mac is truly a burger that brings people together. It has such sentimental value connected to it that you would want one every day if you could. It is easy to make at home and you can even turn it into an activity with family or friends. Combine this with a strawberry and banana smoothie and you're in for a treat.