Upside down Caramel Apple Cake. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt brown sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Caramel apple upside-down cake is a very classic dessert and has earned its love. Pour the cake batter on top of the apples and spread the batter evenly on top.
Sauce: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and vanilla. Pour the caramel into the greased cake pan and top with the apple slices. You can have Upside down Caramel Apple Cake using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Upside down Caramel Apple Cake
- Prepare 8 – 10 small or 4 – 5 of Apples big mixed or type peeled and cored.
- You need 1/4 cup of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Orange zest.
- It’s 2 tsps of Cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg all spices grated 1 tsp.
- It’s 2 cups of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Butter or oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs large.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsps of baking powder.
- Prepare of Sauce Carmel.
- It’s 2 tbsps of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of Brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk Sweetened optional.
- You need of Jam preserves of choice for garnish.
Spread it evenly over the bottom and up the sides. Arrange the sliced apples on top of the caramel. Then, spread the cake batter evenly on top of the apples. But if you have a sweet tooth it would be delicious with some vanilla ice cream too!
Upside down Caramel Apple Cake step by step
- First keep lemon juice ready, and put the cubed apple pieces for the cake into it and let it aside till needed. Slices thin wedges of peeled apples around 1 cup for a layer..
- Next make the Carmel for the base of the cake. In a saucepan, melt butter, add the brown sugar and stir well till nicely smooth, add extra butter if necessary. Then add milkmaid and nicely mix on low heat till nicely blended to sauce..
- Next preheat oven to 180^ Celsius and grease either round tin or a loaf tin and a square dish, whichever desired..
- Mix for batter, beat the eggs and sugars separately along with the vanilla and add melted butter. Mix the dry ingredients and zest after sifting twice..
- Now, layer the tins with generous amount of caramel sauce, and then in a nice design, layer the slices of apples on top carefully, either in a line way or spiral manner..
- Put the pans into the oven, and mix the cake batter by combining the wet and dry ingredients. And add the chopped lemon juice marinated Apple cubes into and mix well..
- Pour the batter equally into the tins so as to reach three fourth and then bake for around 25-30 mind or till skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on rack, and slowly with a hot knife push a knife to leave cake from corners and turn onto a cake tray. Garnish with the strawberry or jam choice in any style..
- Serve as breakfast with coffee, or for snack, as a dessert with ice cream!.
For the caramel crown, in a pan set over a high heat add the sugar and two tablespoons of water and cook until a caramel forms, never stirring. Place the base of a clean cake tin on a heatproof. Pour the batter into the pan, on top of the caramel apples, and smooth the top. What You'll Need to Make this Low Syn Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake. There are two things that I want to suggest if you're going to make this Low Syn Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake.