Smokey Burrito. Get your favourites from Smoke delivered. Download the app and order now! Instructions Add a splash of olive oil to a large frying pan and gently fry the onion and pepper for a few minutes, add the minced beef and stir fry briskly until it's browned.
Cook in seperate batches if you have to. Bring the water to a boil, once the water is boiling, turn the heat down low and then cover the pot with a lid. From Mac Daddy Burrito's, Memphis belle tacos, to our Bombshell Nachos! You can have Smokey Burrito using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smokey Burrito
- You need 1 lb of chorizo.
- It’s 3 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 3 of poblano peppers.
- It’s 14.5 oz of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 T of applewood seasoning.
- It’s 1 T of ground coriander seed.
- You need 1 T of + 1 t smoked cumin.
- Prepare 1 C of long grain rice.
- Prepare 2 C of beef stock.
- Prepare 1/4 t of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 16 oz of refried beans.
- It’s 3 slices of thick applewood smoked bacon; small dice.
- It’s 1/2 of small yellow onion; minced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 1 of lime; cut into 8ths.
- You need as needed of vegetable oil.
The Food Truck had a sweet WWII theme that you couldn't miss! As time went on our catering services started to shine and have now fully taken over! Our food truck may return one day but for now we are only providing catering services! Catering Services Now introducing our full service catering as The Smokin Burrito!
Smokey Burrito instructions
- Rub poblano peppers with enough vegetable oil to coat. Char each side under the broiler until blackened, about 1-2 minutes each side. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Let steam 5 minutes before peeling skins. Cut into a medium dice and set aside. Alternatively, char the peppers on the stove top..
- Combine rice, beef stock, and liquid smoke in a small saucepot. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let steam 5 minutes. Do not remove lid prior..
- Slowly render fat from bacon on medium-low heat until crispy, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon. Pat dry between paper towels..
- Turn heat to medium. Add onions and 1 t smoked cumin with a pinch of salt. Sweat until nearly caramelized, then add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add beans. Stir. Cook 2 minutes..
- Mix chorizo and ground beef together. Season with a large pinch of kosher salt, black pepper, 1 T smoked cumin, ground coriander seed, and applewood seasoning..
- Brown meat mixture until fully cooked, about 8 minutes. Cook in seperate batches if you have to..
- Once meat is browned, add tomatoes and poblano peppers. Cook 2 minutes..
- Lay out tortillas on a large work surface. Portion beans in the center of each tortilla. Portion meat, rice, guacamole, mango salsa, then bacon bits amongst the tortillas. Squeeze 1 wedge of lime juice atop each tortilla..
- Roll burritos and enjoy!.
- Variations; Cinnamon, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, chives, cilantro, grilled pineapple, mango, peach-mango salsa, grilled corn, chipotle, serrano, ancho chile, grilled scallions, cumin, thyme, tomatoes, roasted coriander, creme fraiche, salsa verde, queso fresco, chihuahua cheese, modelo, roasted bell peppers, roasted garlic, oven dried tomatoes, grilled zucchini, sofrito, dark beers, lagers, worcestershire, A1, spinach, arugula, tamarind, crispy shallots, habanero, celery seed, fennel seed, sherry, apple cider vinegar, avocado, poblano, orange zest, bourbon, rum, coconut milk, harissa, dried minced onions, Mexican oregano, black beans, pinto beans, sweet potatoes,.
We make everything from scratch each day in a kitchen giving you the best flavours, freshness and quality. All burritos come with spinach rice. Peel and finely slice the onion, then deseed and slice up the pepper. Add the lime juice and season with a pinch of salt, then using a fork, crush the mixture until mostly smooth but with a few lumps. Add the chilli, tomato, coriander, spring onions and freshly ground black pepper, then mix through.