CARBONADA, CHILEAN BEEF SOUP. JON STYLE. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Cut meat into cubes, onion into small cubes, same with carrots, pepper, and celery. Add the onion and season with salt, seasonings, and pepper.
Chilean Chicken Soup, Cazuela de pollo. Chilean Seafood Soup, Caldillo de mariscos. Add the beef and cook on medium-high heat, turning to brown all sides. You can cook CARBONADA, CHILEAN BEEF SOUP. JON STYLE using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of CARBONADA, CHILEAN BEEF SOUP. JON STYLE
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s of diced beef.
- It’s of diced yellow onions.
- Prepare of garlic cloves, chopped.
- It’s of cumin powder.
- It’s of ground pepper.
- It’s of paprika.
- Prepare of fresh oregano or ½ dry.
- You need of water.
- You need of beef bouillon without MSG.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of rice.
- Prepare of diced red potatoes.
- It’s of diced carrots.
- It’s of diced butternut squash.
- You need of corn kernels.
- You need of string beans, cut in small pieces.
- It’s of green peas.
- Prepare of cilantro, chopped.
Add the stewed tomatoes, beef broth, potatoes, sugar, squash and apricots, and lower heat to a simmer. In a large pot, sauté the onions, green pepper, mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil until golden and soft. Add the beef and cook on medium-high heat, turning to brown all sides. Add the stewed tomatoes, beef broth, potatoes, sugar, squash, and apricots, and lower heat to a simmer.
CARBONADA, CHILEAN BEEF SOUP. JON STYLE instructions
- Cut and measure the ingredients. In a large pot heat the oil and brown the beef. At the beginning, the beef will lose some water, let it evaporate and will start browning..
- Add onions and garlic and cook until onions become translucent. Add ground cumin, pepper, paprika, oregano and cook for a minute. Pour in the water, beef bouillon. Incorporate rice, potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, corn, string beans and peas. Let it cook for about 20 minutes until rice and potatoes are cooked..
- Before serving, spring chopped cilantro on top of the soup..
Heat the vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the diced bell pepper, minced garlic, flour, chili powder, and cumin. A recipe blog by a Chilean living in the USA.. Corn and Beef Chilean Pastel de Choclo. Chilean Humitas o Tamales de Elote.