Improvised Ramen-UDON. Slice the Spam and the fresh mushrooms. Grill the Spam for two minutes a side, to put grill marks on them. (The spam is already cooked in the can.) Combine the Mushroom and Vegetable Broth in a stock pot. Featuring easy chicken, pork and vegan options along with healthy versions of the classic noodle soup.
It's OK to skip this step, but the marrow will add body to your broth. Next, turn your Instant Pot or pressure cooker on to the sauté setting. While it heats up, peel your knob of ginger and give it a few whacks with a meat mallet. You can have Improvised Ramen-UDON using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Improvised Ramen-UDON
- You need 4 of Eggs.
- Prepare 4 Cups of Mushroom Broth.
- You need 4 Cups of Vegetable Broth.
- You need 1 Package of Dried Mushrooms.
- You need 6 of Fresh Mushrooms.
- You need 1 Can of Low Sodium Spam.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Sriracha.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Chinese Mustard.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Tamari.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Low Sodium Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Ginger Paste.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Wasabi Sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 Package of Instant Noodles.
- Prepare 1 Package of Frozen Asian Vegetables.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of Canola Oil.
If it is instant noodles bought from a supermarket, it may contain a high level of sodium and calories which is less healthy than homemade ramen. Udon made with fresh ingredients may be a better option. In other words, it actually depends on the ingredients used to cook ramen or udon. Ready to learn the differences between ramen, udon, and soba?
Improvised Ramen-UDON step by step
- Slice the Spam and the fresh mushrooms. Grill the Spam for two minutes a side, to put grill marks on them. (The spam is already cooked in the can.).
- Combine the Mushroom and Vegetable Broth in a stock pot. Stir Fry the Frozen Asian Vegetables in a wok for six minutes or so in the canola oil. Add the stir fried vegetables to the mixed stock..
- Re hydrate the dried mushrooms and add them to the stock pot. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot. Add the remaining sauce ingredients to the pot and stir..
- Add the noodles to the pot and boil the broth and boil for 9 minutes. Let the mixture simmer for 20-30 minutes..
- Fry the eggs sunny side up, put the Ramen-UDON soup in bowls, and put the grilled spam and fried eggs on top of the broth in the bowls..
Also, for my quick guide to Korean noodles, click here! We'll start off with something most of you are fairly familiar with. Ramen is popular across the country, and each region has its own variety. A typical bowl will look like this: Ramen… with a side of fried rice! The noodles. (noodle restaurant, noodle factory, noodle food truck) with Ramen, Udon, Soba, or some other type(s) of noodles (wok, pasta, hakka, lo mein, etc.)?