Wonna's Wonton Pie. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Great recipe for Wonna's Wonton Pie.
Wonna's Wonton Pie Inspired by the wontons served at Wonna's Wonton Inn in Ottumwa, Iowa. Repeat to make the strawberry filling. Dip your fingers in egg mixture and wet the outer edge. You can cook Wonna's Wonton Pie using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wonna's Wonton Pie
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef or pork (or 1/2 of each).
- You need 1/2 tsp of 5 spice seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of unbaked pie pastry (your favorite recipe or pre-made).
- You need 1/2 cup of cabbage, shredded.
- You need 1/2 cup of potato, shredded.
- It’s 1/2 cup of carrot, shredded.
- Prepare 1 of Barbecue sauce (we use Dynasty), optional.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the shrimp, ground pork, green onions, ginger, and water chestnuts. Mix in the cornstarch, garlic salt, and sugar. Mix in the dry sherry, chili oil, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Barbeque Chicken Eggrolls.
Wonna's Wonton Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine ground meat, spice, and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix well and set aside..
- Place rolled-out pie pastry into a pie plate. Press the dough to the bottom of the pan, but don't pinch the edge..
- Press the seasoned meat on top of the pastry..
- Top the meat with the shredded cabbage, potato, and carrot.
- Turn the edges of the dough inward (like a tart)..
- Cover the pie plate with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes..
- Remove the foil and continue to bake until the pastry the top layer of veggies starts to brown, about 10 – 15 minutes. Internal temperature should be 160°F..
- Serve warm with barbecue sauce on the side..
- To make the actual wontons, brown the meat mixture, drain, and add the shredded veg (increase cabbage and potato to 1 cup each). Place a tablespoon of filling in the center of a pre-made wonton wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to make a rectangle. Seal the edges with warm water and deep fry in small batches..
Steps to Make Homemade Spicy(er) pork wonton soup. Easiest Way to Make Homemade Goat cheese and tomato appetizer. Step-by-Step Guide to Make Quick Baked crab ragoons. Simple Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Fried Mushroom Tofu Potsticker. For those of us who like to make EVERYTHING ourselves — an original wonton wrapper recipe.