Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧. Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Brown meat in oil, stir in tomatoes and taco seasoning mix.
It's a lot easier to assemble too! Jump to Recipe (or scroll for photos.) Advertisement – Continue Below. To be perfectly honest, this recipe for white turkey. You can cook Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧 using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧
- You need 2 packs (16 ounce) of ground turkey.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oregano leaves.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sazon with achiote.
- It’s 1 can (16 ounce) of refried beans.
- You need 1 can (10 ounce) of diced tomatoes with lime juice and cilantro.
- Prepare 1 can (10 ounce) of red enchilada sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (8 ounce) of tomato sauce.
- It’s 4 of large burrito style Flour Tortillas.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese.
- You need of Salsa.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
Flat enchiladas baked into a pie for dinner? This recipe is not only delicious and pretty to look at, but you could chop up leftover roasted turkey after Thanksgiving for the meat it calls for. A pound of meat is combined with onions and sautéed in Cilantro and Roasted Onion olive oil. Then whole black beans and whole kernel corn are added, and.
Turkey 🦃 Enchilada Pie 🥧 instructions
- In a large skillet heat some olive oil……
- Add to olive oil your ground turkey, sauté for several minutes….. drain any fat…….
- Next add to ground turkey your onion, green pepper and minced garlic, sauté until veggies are tender……..
- Add your black pepper, ground cumin, oregano leaves and Sazon, sauté for several minutes……..
- Now add in your refried beans, diced tomatoes, red enchilada sauce and tomato sauce, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, then lower heat and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally……..
- Place some parchment paper into a springform pan……..
- Remove cooked ground turkey mixture from heat and place a small amount of mixture into bottom of springform pan……spread throughout bottom of pan……..
- Place 1 flour tortilla on top of sauce in pan……..
- Spread about a cup of turkey mixture on top of flour tortilla, then top with a handful of shredded cheese…….
- Place another flour tortilla on top of shredded cheese, and repeat process, alternating flour tortillas with meat mixture and cheese, then top last layer with meat and cheese on top…….
- Place in a preheated 425 degree oven for 15- 20 minutes, or until cheese has fully melted on top………
- Let cool for 20 minutes, release springform and place enchilada pie on a serving platter……..slide out parchment paper from enchilada pie and discard paper……….
- Slice, serve and enjoy with salsa and some sour cream !!! 😋 Tip : You can also just bake this in a round baking dish instead of making it in the springform pan, I just did it like this because I wanted it to look cool 😎! 😁 If you bake it in a round baking pan no need to use parchment paper, just layer flour tortillas with meat and cheese ! 😄.
Turkey Enchilada Pie – by Jean Fisher. Healthy ground turkey makes a creamy filling for a folded flour tortilla enchilada. Print out the recipe for Turkey Enchilada Pie. I went to a catered event the other night and somehow came away with a giant whole smoked boneless turkey. It ended up in my messenger bag, halved, and then quartered with some friends at the bar.