Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe. Browse the Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Famous Chefs. Find and Save Ideas about Healthy Recipes & Meal From Professional Chefs. To make the Donne Biryani, in a heavy bottomed pan, heat oil on medium flame, add all the whole spices including bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom and star anise, let this sizzle.
Always use fresh garam masala, herbs for rich flavors. Marinating chicken is a very important step as it enhances the flavor of the chicken. Some times while cooking, the chicken may leave some liquid. You can cook Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe using 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe
- Prepare 250 gm of chicken.
- It’s 200 gm of Basmati rice.
- You need 2 pods of Garlic.
- Prepare 1-1/2 inch of Ginger.
- It’s 1 cup of coriander.
- You need 1 cup of mint.
- It’s half of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of onion roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato roughly chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies.
- You need 1 cup of Curd small cup.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of Star anise.
- You need of Mace half flower.
- It’s Cloves of 3.
- Prepare 7 of Peppercorns.
- You need 2 of cardamom.
- You need 1 of black cardmon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Shahi jeera.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Jeera.
- Prepare 2 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare of Oil.
- You need of Salt.
So, be careful while adding water. Chicken Donne Biriyani recipe is a local hit popular in eateries and restaurants around Bangalore. The word 'Donne' means cups that are made using dried plantain leaves. Marinated chunks of juicy chicken along with rice is cooked with masalas in copper vessels on a stovetop in the open.
Chicken Donne Biryani Recipe instructions
- Wash the chicken, apply turmeric and set aside. Now make green paste. In mixie jar add coriander, ginger,garlic, mint, green chillies, tomato, lemon juice and onion. Make fine paste.
- Apply this paste to chicken and marinate it for 30 mins or more. Wash the rice and soak it for 30 mins..
- In a pressure cooker add ghee/ oil 3 tbsp. once the oil is hot put all dry masalas (khada masalas). Now add 1 medium thinly sliced onion. Fry until brown..
- After that put in the chicken and curd. Give it a nice mix. Add salt. Mix nicely. Drain the water from rice and add it to the chicken.
- Mix that well. Pour required amount of water and pressure cook it for one whistle on low flame. Please check salt before you close the lid.
Secondly, heat the oil in the pan and add whole spices and then add chicken, fry the chicken. Then goes in the tomato puree. Jeera rice is a short grain rice with its own aroma. Squeeze juice from half lime into the biryani. Mix with very gentle hands and serve them immediately, in a donne if you have it.