Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!). Home cook Kimberly Atkinson gave Chef John's DIY fried chicken sandwich this glowing review: "This had a breading that was similar to a cross between a McChicken sandwich and a Chick-fil-A sandwich. This is the first fried chicken I have ever successfully made. It is super easy if you follow the recipe." Heat oil in a large saucepan until almost boiling.
You can be a bit creative with this one if you want, adding a playful spread like horseradish mayo or whole-grain mustard. Or if you're craving one of the originals, stick to pickles and a bit of mayo. Add the chicken thighs, seal the bag and shake to evenly disperse. You can cook Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!)
- It’s 4 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of plus 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Canola oil for frying.
- You need 4 of brioche burger buns toasted.
- You need 1 cup of thinly sliced cabbage.
- You need of Bread and butter pickles.
Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness. Cut each breast in half and place in a bowl. Add lettuce, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread some seasoned mayonnaise over cut sides of buns.
Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!) step by step
- Add chicken, buttermilk, hot sauce, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt to a large resealable bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight..
- Heat 1 ½ inches of canola oil in a dutch oven or large pot to 350 degrees..
- In a wide bowl, combine flour, remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and canola oil. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk marinade and dip each piece in the flour mixture until well coated..
- Fry two piece of chicken at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Rest the cooked chicken on paper towels to cool..
- Make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small bowl..
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading the open sides of the toasted buns with sauce. Top the bottom bun with fried chicken, pickles, lettuce, and the top bun..
Sandwiches from Blue Ribbon Fried Chicken. Photo by Chelsea Kyle Go With a Potato Roll… No need to get all DIY and bake your own bread in order to have the perfect sandwich bun. Place chicken thighs in a gallon-size. If you've been craving fried chicken sandwiches we've got you covered with this delicious crispy Fried chicken Sandwich. It's super crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside and loaded with spices.