Traditional (Plantain) Banana Bread. From the restaurant to your doorstep. Favourite restaurants in your area, ready to take your order. Check Out our Selection & Order Now.
But otherwise it taste delicious and the smell is delightful. If you love banana bread then you will love this plantain bread recipe. They are both similar but we think this plantain bread recipe might be a bit better. You can cook Traditional (Plantain) Banana Bread using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Traditional (Plantain) Banana Bread
- It’s 3-4 of ripe Plantains (or 4-5 ripe bananas).
- You need 250 of g/2 cup flour.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- You need 100 g of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of instant coffee powder.
Despite banana bread being known and love, we think plantain bread is the new banana bread. This recipe is so good and so easy to make that it will leave you wondering why you never made it. Mix in oil, vanilla, and sugar. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon separately.
Traditional (Plantain) Banana Bread step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Put peeled plantains or bananas in a bowl and mix by hands. (To have some chunks left in the bread later.).
- Put the butter and sugar in a separate bowl and microwave for 1 minute to melt and mix well. Mix with the bananas..
- Beat the eggs well on another bowl, then mix with the banana mixture..
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder to the mixture through a sifter for a smoother taste. Mix well with a whisk..
- Put aluminum foil in a baking dish, then pour the mixture in. Sprinkle coffee powder on the top. Cover the dish with extra aluminum foil in case the surface gets too brown at baking. Bake for 40 minutes..
- Remove the top aluminum foil. The center should still be a little moist. Bake for another 20 minutes..
- Delicious banana bread ready to serve..
Banana bread has a softer texture with more banana integrity. However, the plantain bread is a little denser with a sweet but not so intense plantain flavor. The best plantains to use for this recipe are the over-ripe plantains. This is when the flavor of your cake will really shine through. Healthy banana bread A few simple swaps transform often indulgent banana bread into something altogether healthier.