Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters. Food you never knew you wanted. Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Great recipe for Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters. This is a recipe my father created.
See recipes for Vegetable Fritters – Kakiage too. Grate and drain zucchini and summer squash. Chop and steam cauliflower and broccoli florets. You can cook Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters
- Prepare 300 grams of Onion.
- Prepare 200 grams of Pork roast or loin (for tonkatsu).
- It’s of 【A】.
- It’s 6 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt and pepper.
Place the shredded zucchini in a colander and sprinkle it lightly with salt. Transfer the zucchini to a large bowl then add the carrots, garlic, flour, eggs, scallions, ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper. Stir the mixture until it is combined. Other Malaysian favorite fritters are Cucur Bawang (onion fritters), Cucur Ikan Bilis (anchovies fritters), Cucur Jagung Manis (sweet corn fritters) and Cucur Badak (hippo fritters… well, direct translation that is but it is called so because of its roundness!).
Farmhouse Recipe: Chinese-style Onion Kakiage Fritters instructions
- Cut the onions into wedges, and separate the layers..
- Cut the pork into 5 mm width strips..
- Mix the onion, pork and [A] ingredients, and mix well with your hands for at least 3 minutes..
- It will be watery for the first minute or so..
- As you continue mixing and kneading, it will become thick as shown here. When it reaches that stage, it's time to deep fry..
- Slide in bite sized portions of the batter-onion-pork mixture into oil heated to medium temperature, using a wooden spatula or a large spoon..
- Deep fry for 7-8 minutes over medium heat. When the surface is golden brown and crispy, the fritters are done..
- If the oil is too hot the fritters will burn so be careful. If they are golden brown they're fine..
- Eat the kakiage fritters as-is while hot..
So today, let me share with you a home made family favorite Malay dish: Cucur Udang… The official Hairy Bikers website. Recipes, show news and all official updates from Dave and Si. Hundreds of classic English, Scottish and Welsh recipes, all tested and photographed with step-by-step instructions, with full details of all ingredients. British cuisine is the specific set of cooking traditions and practices associated with the British Isles. Historically, British cuisine has meant "unfussy dishes made with quality local ingredients, matched with simple sauces to accentuate.