Peas Pulao Matar Pulao Recipe. How to make Peas Pulao Preparation and Sautéing Onions. Fry the onion until it changes color. Add salt during frying the onion.
Peas Pulao or Matar Pulao is a quick, filling, one-pot, flavorful rice dish that is nutritious as well as takes care of your carb cravings. If you like such lightly spiced Pulao, then try some of my other favorite recipes too – Veg Pulao, Paneer Pulao. Heat the oil in a deep heavy skillet over low heat. You can cook Peas Pulao Matar Pulao Recipe using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Peas Pulao Matar Pulao Recipe
- You need 1 cup of fresh peas.
- It’s 1 cup of extra long grain basmati rice soak 15 minute.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 3-4 of slitted chillies.
- Prepare as needed of coriander mint leaves chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- You need 3 of cardomon.
- It’s 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of small star anise.
- You need 1 of onions sliced.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of desi ghee.
Add the cloves, cardamom seeds, peppercorns and cinnamon sticks. Cook for a few minutes to bring out the aroma of the spices. Heat oil in a saucepan and add the whole spices. Let them sizzle for a few seconds, then add the grated ginger and green chillies.
Peas Pulao Matar Pulao Recipe instructions
- Heat oil or desi ghee in a vessel add onions and golden brown them add cloves cardomons cinnamons pepper corns cumin seeds star anise.
- Sautey just 10 seconds then add ginger garlic paste slitted chilles chopped coriander leaves sautey 30 seconds on low medium flame.
- Then add peas sautey for 1 or 2 minutes in low medium flame until they change colour and are little soft.
- Then add 2 cups water for 1 cup basmati rice bring to a boil.
- Once water starts boiling add the soaked basmati rice add salt to taste also squeeze lemon juice.
- Mix everything let it boil nicely then switch flame to medium cook 3 to 4 minutes until water is half reduced and rice is visible on surface.
- Then close lid switch flame to very low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Then off gas after 10 minutes and wait 10 minutes do not open lid.
- Then after 10 minutes open mix gently make sure not to break rice grains serve with any veg curries or dal tadka or salads.
Add the peas and salt, and sauté for one minute. Add peas and fry for a few seconds. How To cook Green Peas Pulao in a Pressure Cooker? Follow the same recipe given below. Open the pressure cooker after the pressure releases naturally.