Rich pastitsio. Pastitsio is an authentic Greek baked pasta dish with ground meat and béchamel sauce. It's like a Greek lasagna but with béchamel sauce and thick spaghetti. Pastitsio has layers of pasta, minced beef, and a creamy béchamel sauce which are baked together to create a rich, velvety dish.
It's like a Greek lasagna but with béchamel sauce and thick spaghetti. Pastitsio has layers of pasta, minced beef, and a creamy béchamel sauce which are baked together to create a rich, velvety dish. Traditionally a hollow "fat" pasta noodle is used that is a perfect vehicle for sauces and. You can cook Rich pastitsio using 27 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rich pastitsio
- Prepare of Mince.
- Prepare 700 g of beef mince.
- Prepare 1 of large dry onion.
- You need 2 of large peeled tomatoes.
- It’s 1 of medium green pepper.
- You need 1 cup of oil (approximately).
- Prepare 3/4 cups of white wine.
- It’s 3/4 cups of tomato Passata (approximately).
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of cinnamon (powder).
- You need clove of (powder).
- It’s of nutmeg (powder).
- Prepare of water.
- You need of Pasta.
- It’s of macaroni No3 (usually long, thick, hollow pasta).
- You need of butter.
- It’s of Bechamel sauce.
- Prepare of Bechamel sauce.
- It’s 130-150 g of corn flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 l of fresh milk (approximately).
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 2 of full tbsp butter.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of cinnamon (powder).
- Prepare of nutmeg (powder).
- Prepare of Cheeses.
- Prepare 1 kg of grated cheeses (regato, graviera, kasseri) (approximately).
To prepare this traditional pastitsio recipe (pastichio), start with the meat sauce. Add the garlic, tomato paste and the beef. Nothing says a rich dish like a Greek Moussaka or Pastitsio or Παστίτσιο in Greek. Pastitsio is an authentic Greek baked pasta dish with ground meat and béchamel sauce.
Rich pastitsio step by step
- Using a pot, lightly sauté the grated onion and the mince at medium temperature..
- When these are ready, add the tomato (grated), the pepper, finely chopped, quite a bit of cinammon and clove and a little bit of nutmeg, stir well to combine the flavors and cook for about 5 minutes with the lid on so that the liquids are absorbed..
- Then deglaze with the wine, put the lid back on and let the mince cook for five more minutes..
- Add about 1,5 to 2 glasses of water and let the food cook for about half an hour..
- After half an hour of cooking add the Passata, stir well and add water (about 1 cup), add salt, stir again and let the mince cook for another half hour till all the juices are absorbed..
- Take the pot off the heat and let the mince cool for a while..
- Prepare the pasta. Boil it in salty water and drain to get rid of the excess water. Then, put it in a baking tray, spread it and let it cool..
- Place the milk and corn flour in a pot stirring constantly with a whisk over medium heat. After a while, as the milk starts to boil, the mixture will start to thicken. Withdraw from the fire and keep on whisking. It might be necessary, according to how thick the bechamel is, to add a bit of milk or corn flour accordingly (just remember to whisk vigorously so that the bechamel doesn't get lumpy). Add two full tbsp of butter and let it cool for a while..
- Take small pieces of butter with your hands and butter the pasta well. Add half of the cheeses and mix all the ingredients together. Using your hands spread the pasta in the tray..
- Pour the mince over the pasta so that it goes everywhere and add half of the remaining cheeses spreading the mix with a spoon so that it is even..
- Back to the bechamel now. Add the eggs and stir very well. Add a bit of salt, quite a bit of cinnamon, a bit of nutmeg and stir again. Then add the rest of the cheeses to the bechamel and stir them with a fork or a whisk so that they combine well..
- Finally, pour the bechamel on the tray and shake it so that it goes everywhere and there are no uncovered places..
- Bake in medium temperature (we have already preheated the oven) for about 1 hour till it goldens to the nice colour that we all know!.
It's like a Greek lasagna but with béchamel sauce and thick spaghetti. Pastitsio has layers of pasta, minced beef, and a creamy béchamel sauce which are baked together to create a rich, velvety dish. Pastitsio – with layers of pasta, a rich cinnamon-spiked red wine meat sauce, topped with a thick layer of cheese sauce, this is Greece's answer to Italian Lasagna. Pastitsio – Greek pasta bake Pastitsio is so much more than just another pasta bake. Greek Pastitsio (sometimes spelt pastichio) is a layered baked dish consisting of tubular pasta, meat sauce and bechamel sauce.