Beef Burgundy Soup. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Heat oilin a large heavy pot (preferably. Transfer to a bowl;add cubed carrot.
Toss with flour until evenly coated. Return all meat and the juices to the pan. Instructions Add the oil to a soup pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. You can cook Beef Burgundy Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Burgundy Soup
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Beef, cubed.
- You need of AP flour.
- You need of Salt/Pepper.
- It’s of Canola Oil.
- Prepare 2 of yellow onions, julienne.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, diced.
- Prepare 3 of celery sticks, diced.
- Prepare 2 T of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 c of Dry red wine.
- You need 3 of Q beef stock.
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 T of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 c of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 of russet potatoes, 1/4" dice (Optional).
- It’s to taste of salt/pepper.
Add the onions, carrots, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir and cook together with the beef. Add the tomato paste and wine and cook and stir. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, sear beef on all sides.
Beef Burgundy Soup instructions
- Take your dutch oven and put it on high heat with the canola oil. You want that oil really hot, just when it starts smoking.
- In the mean time, after dicing your beef, toss it with a little All Purpose flour along with salt and pepper to season the meat..
- Shake off the excess flour and drop the beef cubes into the ditch oven. Caramelize all sides to a little golden brown. If the pot dried up, add a little more oil, if needed..
- Remove the beef and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pot and add your mirepoix (Onion, carrot, celery). Sautee with the drippings until the water in the vegetables is evaporated and the onions turn clear. Add your garlic and stir for a couple until thoroughly incorporated..
- After the vegetables are nice and browned, add the red wine. Stir constantly to remove all the flavorful drippings on the pan into the soup. Reduce the wine by half and add your beef stock. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer..
- Add the beef into the mix, Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, and thyme. Also add the potatoes if youre using them. Simmer until the beef is cooked to a tender and the herbs are infused. If youre using raw potatoes, i would cook until the potatoes are al dente..
- And thats it! Some like a dab of creme fraiche on top, others like shredded cheese, like Comte or Grana Padana. Enjoy!.
Stir in onion, and saute until golden brown. Add mushrooms, butter, mushroom soup and wine. Coat beef in flour (seasoned with salt and pepper) and then brown beef. Mix all other ingredients except for mushroom in a casserole till blended. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven.