Beef Burgundy Soup. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Try our no prep no mess Oven Ready meals with everything included – even the cooking tray! Add shallots, celery, bacon, and choppedcarrots to pot.
Discard bay leaf and stir in vinegar. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed. Beef Bourguignon Soup We've remade the classic French beef wine stew to be more soup-style with smaller cuts of ingredients and a broth that's thinner yet just as rich and flavorful. You can have Beef Burgundy Soup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Burgundy Soup
- You need of Beef, cubed.
- Prepare of AP flour.
- You need of Salt/Pepper.
- Prepare of Canola Oil.
- You need of yellow onions, julienne.
- Prepare of large carrot, diced.
- It’s of celery sticks, diced.
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Dry red wine.
- Prepare of Q beef stock.
- It’s of bay leaf.
- You need of fresh thyme.
- You need of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare of russet potatoes, 1/4" dice (Optional).
- Prepare of salt/pepper.
Searing the meat in batches ensures you get the deepest flavors. Garnish with parsley right before serving with crusty bread and salad. Add the oil to a soup pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add the onions, carrots, thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot.
Beef Burgundy Soup instructions
- Take your dutch oven and put it on high heat with the canola oil. You want that oil really hot, just when it starts smoking.
- In the mean time, after dicing your beef, toss it with a little All Purpose flour along with salt and pepper to season the meat..
- Shake off the excess flour and drop the beef cubes into the ditch oven. Caramelize all sides to a little golden brown. If the pot dried up, add a little more oil, if needed..
- Remove the beef and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pot and add your mirepoix (Onion, carrot, celery). Sautee with the drippings until the water in the vegetables is evaporated and the onions turn clear. Add your garlic and stir for a couple until thoroughly incorporated..
- After the vegetables are nice and browned, add the red wine. Stir constantly to remove all the flavorful drippings on the pan into the soup. Reduce the wine by half and add your beef stock. Bring to a boil, then down to a simmer..
- Add the beef into the mix, Add the mushrooms, bay leaf, and thyme. Also add the potatoes if youre using them. Simmer until the beef is cooked to a tender and the herbs are infused. If youre using raw potatoes, i would cook until the potatoes are al dente..
- And thats it! Some like a dab of creme fraiche on top, others like shredded cheese, like Comte or Grana Padana. Enjoy!.
Add the beef and cook until well browned, stirring occasionally. You sure did leave a huge impression on this world. I've learned so much in such a short time. I tackled creamy, easy and perfect. In a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, sear beef on all sides.