Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce. Low Prices on Caramalised Red Onion Chutney. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Garden At Home With Sarah Raven, Wide Range of Products Available Online Heat a deep pan add half the salt to one side of the chicken. Place chicken thighs in pan salted side down.
Well, take that idea and instead of the gravy, "smother" your chicken in barbecue sauce. Juicy, tender, rich, deep dark flavor. I could go on and on. You can cook Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce
- It’s 1-1/2 pints of onion barbecue sauce Batch 50 see my recipe.
- You need 2 pound of chicken thighs boneless and skinless.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt divided.
By the end of the cooking time the chicken and sauce have taken on a deep mahogany color and a sticky sweetness that children, especially, really like. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place barbecue sauce in a shallow bowl.
Simmered Chicken in Onion Barbecue Sauce instructions
- Heat a deep pan add half the salt to one side of the chicken. Place chicken thighs in pan salted side down. Now salt the unsalted part sticking up..
- Let cook 7 minutes. Turn and cook 7 minutes. After the second side has cooked 7 minutes add the sauce..
- Keep turning and allow barbecue sauce to reduce..
- Cover and allow to rest 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
In another shallow bowl, combine onions, cheese and pepper. Place chicken, crumb side up, on a greased baking sheet. Whisk the remaining chicken broth in a bring to a simmer. Place the chicken back into the pan in a single layer. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and sauce is thickened a little.