Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers). Beef is the culinary name for meat from cattle, particularly skeletal muscle. Humans have been eating beef since prehistoric times. Beef is a source of protein and nutrients.
Beef, flesh of mature cattle, as distinguished from veal, the flesh of calves. The best beef is obtained from early maturing, special beef breeds. High-quality beef has firm, velvety, fine-grained lean, bright red in colour and well-marbled. You can cook Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers)
- You need 2-4 of leftover rib bones from a prime rib roast.
- It’s of water.
- You need 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 TB of mixed dried herbs (I use thyme and rosemary).
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 TB of tomato paste or 2 TB fresh ketchup or tomato sauce.
- You need 2 cups of chopped fresh carrot.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dry barley.
- You need 1 cup of kernel corn, fresh, frozen, or canned.
- You need 1/2-1 cup of dry noodles.
- Prepare of beef bullion (optional).
The fat is smooth, creamy white, and well distributed. Beef definition is – the flesh of an adult domestic bovine (such as a steer or cow) used as food. How to use beef in a sentence. Your one-stop for all things beef.
Beef & Barley Noodle Soup (made with rib roast leftovers) step by step
- Place rib bones in a large Dutch oven or stock pot and cover with water completely..
- Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat..
- Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ribs and any meat that may have become detached. Set aside to cool..
- Refrigerate the beef stock for about an hour, or until the fat congeals on top (I usually make the broth the day before and refrigerate overnight).
- Remove the meat from the bones and chop coarsely. Discard the bones and refrigerate the meat until you're ready to add it to the soup..
- Remove the solidified fat from the chilled broth..
- Heat the broth over medium heat. Don't worry if the broth tastes weak at this point; it will reduce later..
- Sautee the garlic and herbs in a little oil over medium heat until the garlic is soft and the herbs are fragrant. Careful not to burn it!.
- Add the sauteed garlic and herbs, tomato option, chopped carrots and barley and simmer for 45 minutes, uncovered..
- Add the meat, corn, and noodles and simmer for 30 minutes..
- Taste the broth and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- If the soup becomes too thick by serving time, add more water (with a bit of bullion in it, if desired) as needed..
Explore our recipes, beef cuts, cooking tips, beef's nutrition profile and discover how beef is raised from farm to fork. Ground beef is among the most popular weeknight dinner proteins. In fact, you may have a pound or two in your fridge right now and you need to know what to make with your ground beef. Roast beef is a nostalgic standby that conjures home. Pick from our chefs' most popular roast beef recipes and make a weeknight supper special.