Three Layers Cake (Kue Lapis Surabaya). In my country, Three Layers Cake is called Lapis Surabaya. I am not sure why it's called like that, but this cake is very famous in Indonesia besides the thousand layers cake (Lapis Legit). But personally I don't like to bake the thousand layers cake because it takes a lot of time and it's very tedious.
I am not sure why it's called like that, but this cake is very famous in Indonesia besides the thousand layers cake (Lapis Legit). Three Layers Cake (Kue Lapis Surabaya) step by step. Grease with cooking spray then line up with parchment paper. (I like grease my top parchment paper too). You can have Three Layers Cake (Kue Lapis Surabaya) using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Three Layers Cake (Kue Lapis Surabaya)
- Prepare of egg yolks.
- Prepare of butter softened and beat using mixer in low speed until smooth.
- You need of sugar (less or more).
- You need of 75 gr sieved purpose flour.
- It’s of 1 tbsp Choco powder.
- Prepare of chocolate syrup.
- You need of Note: You can use 1/2 Tsps chocolate paste instead of cocoa powder and chocolate syrup.
- It’s of Any jam for filling (I used strawberry jam).
Beat egg yolks and sugar until ribbon stage. Pour the butter into egg yolks mixture, gently mix with spatula til well incorporated. Classic lapis Surabaya consists of three layers of sponge cakes. A chocolate sponge sandwiched between two layers of vanilla or plain yellow sponge; or the other way round, a vanilla sponge sandwiched between two layers of chocolate sponge as I have done here.
Three Layers Cake (Kue Lapis Surabaya) instructions
- Prepared three 9” Square baking pan. Grease with cooking spray then line up with parchment paper. (I like grease my top parchment paper too).
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until ribbon stage. Fold in sieved plain flour. Pour the butter into egg yolks mixture, gently mix with spatula til well incorporated.
- Divided into 3 bowls. Let 2 bowls with plain color, and add choco powder and chocolate syrup or (chocolate paste) on the third bowl, mixed it well..
- Pour the batter into 3 pans spreading evenly, then bake in preheated oven of 350 F for 12-15 minutes til it done (when the toothpick comes out clean)..
- Take them from the oven, let them sit for awhile then take off the parchment paper..
- To assembly: When the cakes are cooled, place one of the plain (yellow) cake and spread the top with jam, top with chocolate layer..
- Spread the top of chocolate layer with jam, and top with the other of plain cake. Cover the cake with parchment paper and give a little pressure so that each cake sticks together..
- For me I like to wrap up with the aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before cut and served..
- But of course you can cut and served right away after assembly. And enjoy the three layers cake with a cup of coffee, or tea ☕️.
- Keep the leftovers in the refrigerator, this cake is very good to enjoy either warm or cold..
- ❤️Happy Baking❤️.
- Note: If you have only 1 baking pan, you can baked it for three times..
The layers of cake are glued using strawberry jam. Unlike the Kueh Lapis Legit, where I have to be on my feet for three hours grilling each layer one by one, Kue Lapis Surabaya is much easier to make because its just three layers. The only drawback is that you'll need three cake tins to bake the layers concurrently. The cake is sweet and the first layer is chocolate cake, second layer is yellow, and the third layer is chocolate again. Subscribe and Like Street Food Recipe channel : http://www.youtube.com/c/StreetFoodRecipekitchenFind Street Food Recipe Channel blog at: :https://street-food.