Desi Paneer Tikka Mac ‘and’ Cheese. Great recipe for Desi Paneer Tikka Mac 'and' Cheese. Macaroni and Cheese is a favourite among all age groups and I love adding the desi twist to anything I cook. This recipe is easy to make and rich.
Paneer Tikka Macaroni – Macaroni coated with classic tomato based spicy, tangy, creamy gravy made with traditional Indian spices along with marinated paneer and veggies!! Mac and Cheese is one of the very popular type of pasta you could find all over the world. Would you be mad at me if I said I am not a big fan of regular Mac and Cheese?!?! You can have Desi Paneer Tikka Mac ‘and’ Cheese using 27 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Desi Paneer Tikka Mac ‘and’ Cheese
- It’s of For paneer marinade:.
- It’s of paneer.
- You need of green capsicum chopped.
- It’s of red capsicum chopped.
- It’s of large onion chopped.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- It’s of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s of garam masala.
- You need of cumin powder.
- It’s of coriander powder.
- You need of lime juice.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of curd.
- You need of For Cheese sauce:.
- It’s of cheese slices.
- Prepare of maida.
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- It’s of milk.
- It’s of Black pepper-1.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of Other Ingredients:.
- Prepare of macaroni.
- Prepare of Water as required.
- You need of Oregano or pasta seasoning as required.
- Prepare of Spring onion greens chopped for garnish.
- It’s of oil.
- You need of salt.
Paneer Tikka Masala Mac N Cheese. This Indian-inspired dish is spicy, creamy, cheesy and deliciously crave-able. An instant classic at chef Preeti Mistry's latest Oakland restaurant, Navi Kitchen, this tikka masala mac & cheese is the embodiment of the chef's style: Cali-cool mashed up with traditional Indian flavors. To really capture the chef's super fresh results, toast and grind whole spices with a mortar and pestle or in a coffee grinder.
Desi Paneer Tikka Mac ‘and’ Cheese step by step
- Cut paneer into small cubes. Mix all ingredients under paneer marinade together. Marinate the paneer in fridge for 15 mins.
- After this we boil our macaroni. Boil it with water (as mentioned in packet), 2tbsp oil and 1/2 tsp salt..
- Follow Cooking time as mentioned in the macaroni packet. Usually 250gm takes around 15 mins to boil al dente. That is firm but able to cut with a fork..
- Drain the macaroni and set aside..
- Prepare the paneer tikka. Fry on high flame in oil until the masala starts to get dry. Set this aside..
- Finally we prepare the cheese sauce as it thickens quickly we do this step in the end. Put 2tbsp butter into a non-stick pan..
- Once butter melts, add the Maida. Cook until bubbles form in Maida and turns aromat..
- Now pour in the milk. Keep stirring until milk begins to thicken. Then add the cheese slices to this..
- Add salt and pepper to season the sauce..
- In a large pan mix the paneer tikka, cooked macaroni and the cheese sauce until well combined..
- While serving season macaroni with pasta or oregano seasoning. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens..
This Masala Mac and Cheese can also go by Indian Mac and Cheese, Desi Mac and Cheese, or Tikka Masala Mac and Cheese. Masala is a mixture of ginger, garlic, onions, and tomatoes sauteed with Indian spices. So in this mac and cheese, we first make the masala and then make a roux (with butter and flour) to help thicken the sauce. We then add the milk slowly followed by lots of. Cook paneer in a range of classic Indian dishes.