Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk). The thinly sliced beef is seasoned with soup soy sauce and sautéed before being boiled in water. T he other method boils the big chunk of meat with aromat ic vegetables for a long time until tender. The meat is then shredded and added to the soup.
Great recipe for Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk). This soup origin is from South Korea. Koreans usually eat this soup when they celebrate their birthday. You can have Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk) using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk)
- Prepare of Dried Seaweed.
- You need of water (depends on how you like the soup brooth).
- It’s of fish sauce.
- Prepare of Beef.
- You need of garlic cloves, chopped.
- It’s of Sesame oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
This soup is rich in iodine and calcium from its seaweed. Its easy to make and also tasty to eat in a cold weather Instructions Rinse the seaweeds several times to remove the salt. Cut into desired bite size length. Heat the sesame oil gently in a pot over medium heat and add the beef, saute until no longer in pick.
Seaweed Soup with Beef (Myeok Guk) step by step
- Soak the seaweed in the water and wait for 30 min till the seaweed grows, then rinse and cut into small pieces.
- Put the seaweed to saucepan, add water and cook with medium heat for about 20 mins. Add the water if the soup broth is too thick.
- Cut the beef into small pieces, and put the beef with minced garlic to soup broth and cook with medium heat for about 20-25 mins. Turn off the heat then.
- Add the fish sauce, sesame oil and salt to the soup, stir and the soup is ready to serve. Eat while its hot. Better to eat with rice.
Add garlic and the Korean soy sauce for soup. Season with more soy sauce or. Miyeok Guk (Beef Seaweed Soup) by Hyosun Ro. In Korea, it is traditional to eat seaweed soup on one's birthday.(Koreans eat seaweed soup not only for their birthdays, but also with other side dishes and rice.)By having seaweed soup on birthday, people can thank their parents. The soup is also typically accompanied with some form of protein (e.g. beef, seafood – mussels or prawns, or tinned tuna) along with light seasoning (salt, soy sauce.